Dropping 8GB of storage together with the price

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I somehow doubt the Fire will drop in price, they seem to be selling just fine, but we can always hope. I love a good price war!

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Android Tablet Forum

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Barnes & Noble cut the price on its Nook Color to $169 from $199 and introduced a Nook Tablet with 8 gigabytes of memory that will cost $199. The first version of the tablet, introduced in the autumn, was priced at $249.

Overall sales rose 5 percent to $2.44 billion, while the Nook business, including e-books and the devices, rose 38 percent to $542 million.

Barnes & Noble maintained its forecast of full year company sales of $7 billion to $7.2 billion. The Nook business is expected to generate $1.5 billion in the fiscal year ending in April.

Source: Barnes & Noble profit down, cuts Nook prices: Thomson Reuters Business News - MSN Money

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Great price $169. fir the nook color....if then we could get an ICS card fully working....

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Great price $169. fir the nook color....if then we could get an ICS card fully working....

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

I have actually been quite happy with the second build of ICS. It seems to run great. It could use better deep sleep though since I think CM7 still has a better sleep battery life.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Naturally they waited till a week after I got mine. But I got it for $225 on a buy it with a MasterCard deal they had going and $25 more for double the memory isn't bad. At least that's what I'm trying to convince myself.:cool:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Naturally they waited till a week after I got mine. But I got it for $225 on a buy it with a MasterCard deal they had going and $25 more for double the memory isn't bad. At least that's what I'm trying to convince myself.:cool:

I'm pretty sure you are in your return window :)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I'm pretty sure you are in your return window :)

Sounds like you don't agree the extra memory is worth $25.:eek: Also, I might get hurt trying to pry it out of my wife's hands long enough to exchange it.:cool: BTW So far, she gives a thumbs up to that Napoleon's Pyramids free book.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
If you bought it at B&N you can write them and get your tablet discounted..don't forget to tell them that you are a customer, you own a nook color as well and how much you love them . I can write it for you if you want to.. ...companies like my accent! :)
and
Samsung Galaxy Note

upstrip

Feb 23, 2012
the onboard storage is not a big deal since it has a sd card, but the ram being lowered is not a good trade-off I think.