DVD conversion for Fusion 5

dannyt1985

Jul 15, 2012
Hi guys and girls,

i hope i am posting in the correct section,

I am having issues playing converted movies on my tablet (Fusion5 Premium)

I have tried a few different ways of converting which all seam to work, for example;

decrypting using DVD decrypter or DVDFab8, and then converting using handBrake or Videora ipod converter (i no i don't have an ipad)

all the conversions seam to work OK, and play fine on my laptop but will not play on my tablet.

I have tried a number of different media players on the tablet such as, DICE player, Rock player, Real player, Simple MP4 video player, and Vplayer

does anyone have any suggestions please?

your support is appreciated

D

dvdcatalyst

Hi guys and girls,

i hope i am posting in the correct section,

I am having issues playing converted movies on my tablet (Fusion5 Premium)

I have tried a few different ways of converting which all seam to work, for example;

decrypting using DVD decrypter or DVDFab8, and then converting using handBrake or Videora ipod converter (i no i don't have an ipad)

all the conversions seam to work OK, and play fine on my laptop but will not play on my tablet.

I have tried a number of different media players on the tablet such as, DICE player, Rock player, Real player, Simple MP4 video player, and Vplayer

does anyone have any suggestions please?

your support is appreciated

Hi Danny,

If these are the specs of your Fusion5:

A1CS FUSION5 PREMIUM TABLET PC - 9.7" IPS SCREEN - ANDROID 4.0 - NOW SUPPORTS IPLAYER- DUAL-CAMERA - ULTRA SLIM: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

it should be able to play MP4 files in H264 format out of the box.

You didn't mention if you were using a memorycard or playing the files from internal memory. There are a lot of fake memorycards being sold these days, so I would suggest to copy a video you created to internal memory, and see if it plays then.

This article might help:

Quick Tip: Fake Memorycards | Tools4Movies | DVD Catalyst 4

Because many of the players you mentioned connect themselves to the video decoding engine of Android, I would suggest to temporarily uninstall all of those to make sure its not a conflict between them that is causing your complications. Your video should play fine in the build-in video player app.

Handbrake and Videora, for their iPod/iPad conversions, enable some advanced features for the conversion. You can try the lower quality "ffmpeg" (handbrake) or (I think) "MPEG4-Simple" (Videora) compression format for video, which doesn't use these advanced features (cabac, high profile etc), and see if that makes a difference, or you can try my own conversion tool, DVD Catalyst 4, which converts directly from DVD (no need for DVD decrypter/DVDfab) to MP4 properly.

More information about DVD Catalyst 4 can be found in my forum section here:

DVD Catalyst

I don't have a specific profile for the Fusion 5, but if you just leave it set to the default Acer A500 profile, you should end up with working video files.