DVD to Nexus

rps4gas

Mar 22, 2013
Hi there to you all!

I am new to forum and have limited 'ability' with computers and the like so I would appreciate a bit of help.:confused::confused:

I am trying to upload DVD films onto a Nexus 7 and my new Nexus 10. I seem to be struggling to find a dvd ripper that will convert files easily!

What do you guys recommend and where from?

Should I be looking at free samples or pay for one?

Cheers in advance for any help!

Martin

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

My suggestion would be to get DVD Catalyst. Check this thread. DVD Catalyst

It has tablet specific pre-sets that work great and it's well worth the $10 and easy to use.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Martin, congratulations on your Nexus 7 and new Nexus 10. Welcome to the forum, nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. I agree with my friend Lee's suggestion, DVD Catalyst is probably just what you're looking for.

rbryanp

Apr 13, 2013
So ...how do you prefer to be addressed? "DVDCAT" for short? :cool:

I am intrigued by your product. After reading the information on the URL that you provided, I still don't know if your product can do what I need it to do.

I have several movies on DVD's that I own. I would like to make a version of some of my favored DVD's to play on my Nexus 7. However, how does your product deal with copyrighted material?

I am aware that some products simply will not convert copyrighted movies on DVD. But if I actually own the DVD media with a movie on it, and I am only interested in watching these movies on my Nexus 7 (as opposed to sharing with others which would violate copyright laws), can I use DVDCatalyst to convert the movies legally? And...will DVDCatalyst actually do the conversion?

Bottom line...Will DVDCatalyst rip DVD movies from copyrighted media? $9.95 sounds like a bargain IF it can do the job. I would probably even pay pay double if I knew it could do the job.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Very Respectfully,

Bryan

rbryanp

Apr 13, 2013
Thanks for the information. You answered the most important question about whether or not DVDCatalyst will do the job.

And thanks for the reading material. ;)