[Eclair] Identifying stock Reader app

atinsley

Jan 10, 2011
Hey all,

I'm trying to use Tasker to automatically turn my brightness down to 0 when I open the Reader app. When I quickswitch running apps with Softkeys I can see the Reader program with an icon in my recently opened apps, but neither Titanium backup nor Tasker can see this program so I can assign conditions to it.

Does anyone know of a workaround?

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
From what I have seen, all the reader apps have their own brightness settings within the app that is independent of the Android Brightness setting (when I leave my reader app, the brightness level sets back to Android settings)

I know this doesn't help your situation, but may explain why you can't find a way to assign the conditions. (or I could be completely wrong, which is always a possibility) :)

LeviTX

Jan 28, 2011
Hey all,

I'm trying to use Tasker to automatically turn my brightness down to 0 when I open the Reader app. When I quickswitch running apps with Softkeys I can see the Reader program with an icon in my recently opened apps, but neither Titanium backup nor Tasker can see this program so I can assign conditions to it.

Does anyone know of a workaround?

The Nook Color reader application is a customized version of QuickOffice. I think if you tell Tasker to look for that, it should accomplish what you're going for.