Eken M008s 9.7" Custom ROM

IbrahimQ

Feb 25, 2011
Hello..

This is my first thread i hope i will find what i am looking for..

so recently i got the Eken M008s tablet and it's pretty good for 170us$

the specification:

9.7" Multi touch screen.
256 MB RAM.
2 GB Internal Memory.
ARM 926EJ-S rev 5.
WiFi, 3G, Bluetooth, Camera, GSensor.
Flash 10.1 Support.
30 Pin data interface.

Model Number: WonderMedia WM8650
Android Version: 2.2
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9-default.
Build Number: generic-eng 2.2 Froyo v1.1.0-20110124. 175902

you can find the exact info and pics here Wholesale EMS Freeship 9.7 Inch Epad: Google Android 2.0 OS+ CUP: RAM 11+ HD: 2GB + 1.3MP Camera + Support 3G + WIFI +

or here Welcome to Eken(HK) Electronics Co.,Ltd

i searched over and over and i cannot find any custom roms for this tablet; i found some for the older M008 which is lower as a hardware.

if you can help posting a good custom rom i'll be thankful.

alternatively if there any other roms intended to a different tablet that will work on mine please post also.

the only problem with this tablet is that there is no USB Driver for it, windows Cannot recognize it and i tried several drivers and Padnet without luck!.

thank you.:):)

lindzmc

Mar 15, 2011
Hi IbrahimQ, just got the M008s and I am wondering if you were able to install application(s) to SD Card? btw, got the same unit as yours.

shenit

Jul 17, 2010
Your Eken M008S is based on VIA8505 or 8650? From the images on your link, it seems that it has the the old VIA8505 version UI.

lindztmc

Mar 17, 2011
mine is wondermedia wm8650... researching on how root my tablet.. since I need to install apps to SD..

shenit

Jul 17, 2010
Sorry I was referring to Ibrahim's as the link he shows us seems to have the images of the old 8505 version. Please let us know when you have found a way to be able to use app2sd with this device.

lindztmc

Mar 17, 2011
oic... but I can see that on the images below the link it shows the About Device.. and we're just the same...

BTW and FYI, I emailed Eken regarding M008s and according to Nancy (After Sales Rep of Eken)

M008s :
- Cannot install apps to SD (meaning.. we should be the one who's gonna deal with breaking the system - good luck to us! ^^, )
- Internal Memory: 2G (4G optional)
- isn't upgradable
- means, if you want to xpand the memory, Eken can help us, BUT with extra charge.
- Doesn't have vibrate (although, in Android 2.2 there's an option regarding vibrate)

svguy

Mar 22, 2011
I have the same device but the 7" VIA WM8650.
Android Version 2.2
Kernel 2.6.32.9-default
Build Number generic-eng 2.2 froyo v1.1.1-20110308.162514

1. The device is slow and buggy. For example, flash DOES work, but it's very choppy and can't keep up, when watching a tiny cnn.com video. Also, the device locks up. When I tap icons, I usually have to tap them a couple times to get the device to respond. When I scroll up and down, through a list of apps, when I lift up my finger, if it was on an icon, the device runs that icon.

2. It cannot access the google android market. I can access the market with my gmail username and password here: https://market.android.com/ . But when I type the same user name and password in your android device, I get an error, "Authentication error. Please check your account/password". I have set up gmail in the phone and able to retrieve email fine. Also, I created a NEW gmail account and tried but that doesn't work either. I have set the date / time correctly, and set the time zone to my local time, reset the device several times, etc.

3. No windows driver? Can't connect to PC.

4. With the power cord plugged in, you can't plug in both USB cables into the adaptor, which falls out easily.

5. Does not have a regular USB port. You have to use a male male cable, which is hard to find. Doesn't matter anyway because you can't connect it to your windows PC.

6. When I use the screen capture, it says, "Save failed". I have tried it with or without my SD card in.

7. I put a movie on my SD card and the device will play the movie, but there is distortion in the light areas of the movie (like sky). The same movie plays fine on my other android devices.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

lindztmc

Mar 17, 2011
svguy,

you can connect it to your PC... you have to set it to Mass Storage.. not the ADB something... go to Settings>USB/SD Card.. you should be able to see the internal storage and your SD Card..

in my case:
2G internal memory...
1G - used for the system files (cannot be seen when connected to PC)
1G - internal storage..

it is TRUE that there is no driver.. but this thing is just for the ADB Debugging... in this regard.. we cannot able to manipulate the root/system..(tried to root my tablet but failed..:()

fyi, when running application it uses the RAM.. you may use Memory Booster...
to see your detailed Tablet features/specs pls use the Android System Info detailed than System Info Widget...

Last edited:

lindztmc

Mar 17, 2011
FYI, here are my applications currently installed:

Application - Speed | Remarks
Remarks legend =
A: Large screen not supported due to app's sdk version is legend;
B: Remarks A, but can be fixed by editing the AndroidManifest.xml:largesScreen
C: Manageable by Memory Booster
D: Works well
------------------------------
cake mania - good | A
farm frenzy - great | B
zynga poker (online) great | D
bejeweled - great | A
truth or dare game - great | D
plants vs zombies - great | C
toddler phone full - great | D
paint.colorme.princess - great | D
amased 2 - good | A
break the blocks - good | D
bread factory - good | A
ninja rush - good | B
robo defense - good | A
touch pool 2d - good | D
tetris - great | A
solitaire - great | D
pandas vs ninja - fair | A
pin ball deluxe - good | A

Last edited:

allo

Mar 29, 2011
Dear friends,

What are your impressions of the M008S?

Is it too slow and buggy?

Video with which maximum parameters may play normally?

Whether there are delays in web surfing and problems with online video (youtube, etc.)?

Can the programs be installed on SD card?

Whether M008S is compatible with popular 3G modems, such as Huawei E1550?

Thanks!

P.S. Sorry for my bad English.

Last edited:

javanewbie

Mar 25, 2011
Ibrahim is that you give the feedback and transaction history from this
webpage :Wholesale EMS Freeship 9.7 Inch Epad: Google Android 2.2 OS+ CUP: RAM 11+ HD: 2GB + 1.3MP Camera + Support 3G + WIFI +

your name quite similar who gave those feedback =)

so lucky found

divyabhatia

Jun 4, 2011
i got the same problem all your problems can be solved if you go to EKEN M008S click on support choose your tablet and fo;;ow donwload and install instructions.or comtact the customer support they will help you .

krishneelg3

Aug 29, 2011
hello..

This is my first thread i hope i will find what i am looking for..

So recently i got the eken m008s tablet and it's pretty good for 170us$

the specification:

9.7" multi touch screen.
256 mb ram.
2 gb internal memory.
Arm 926ej-s rev 5.
Wifi, 3g, bluetooth, camera, gsensor.
Flash 10.1 support.
30 pin data interface.

Model number: Wondermedia wm8650
android version: 2.2
kernel version: 2.6.32.9-default.
Build number: Generic-eng 2.2 froyo v1.1.0-20110124. 175902

you can find the exact info and pics here wholesale ems freeship 9.7 inch epad: Google android 2.0 os+ cup: Ram 11+ hd: 2gb + 1.3mp camera + support 3g + wifi +

or here welcome to eken(hk) electronics co.,ltd

i searched over and over and i cannot find any custom roms for this tablet; i found some for the older m008 which is lower as a hardware.

If you can help posting a good custom rom i'll be thankful.

Alternatively if there any other roms intended to a different tablet that will work on mine please post also.

The only problem with this tablet is that there is no usb driver for it, windows cannot recognize it and i tried several drivers and padnet without luck!.

Thank you.:):)

try uberoid final its good and plus you dont have to go to recovery mode to install it just put it in your sd card and it automatically installs

zaheer30

Oct 26, 2011
Now give me only black screen.. Please help to find the ROM

368959028_594.jpg