eLocity New Honeycomb Tablet Annouced Before Honeycomb is

WenWM

Sep 21, 2010
elocity.jpg

Yesterday was the first day of our favorite show on earth, CES, and already we have two great tablets to look forward too, and here is one of them. Introduced by eLocity, they have this new Android Honeycomb tablet for us to enjoy when Google officially makes Honeycomb real. The tablet is a 10 inch, dual core, HD capacitive multitouch display, that has an HDMI port with 1080P support. It also includes a front facing camera for those Skype moments.

They jumped the gun a bit by saying it will launch with Android 3.0, because even Google hasn’t said a word about it just yet. Regardless, here is the full press release:

eLocity Launches Seven New 10-Inch Mobile Tablets

A10s available soon for online preorder

PHILADELPHIA, Jan. 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Stream TV Networks announced today it will be expanding its eLocity product line and launching the 10-inch eLocity A10 line of mobile tablets for preorder on January 17th, 2011 at various online retailers. The A10 line will be previewed at CES on January 6th, 2011 (Stream TV Booth 30329), where detailed specifications will be released.

The new 10-inch eLocity mobile tablets will run the Flash-enabled Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) OS with powerful NVIDIA Tegra 2 processors. These models, equipped with ample storage, front facing cameras and HDMI outputs, will be available at varying price points to meet a wide range of user preferences. The new eLocity A10.1, A10.2, A10.3, A10.4, A10.5, A10.6 and A10.7 models will have the highest screen resolution within the mobile tablet category. eLocity A10s launch for online preorder beginning on January 17th at Micro Center - Computers, Electronics, Computer Parts, Networking, Gaming, Software, and more!, Fry's Home Electronics | Computer Parts & Accessories, Software, Games, TVs, Cameras - Frys.com, Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more, Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!, Walmart.com: Save money. Live better., http://bjs.com, TigerDirect.com - Computers, Computer Parts, Computer Components, Netbooks & Electronics, Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more and Micro Center - Computers, Electronics, Computer Parts, Networking, Gaming, Software, and more!. This launch follows the successful introduction of the eLocity A7 seven inch mobile tablet, for which production targets were increased to meet high consumer demand. The eLocity A7 was the first mobile tablet available in the US to run the Android 2.2 OS.

CEO Mathu Rajan of Stream TV comments, “We’re pleased to introduce our new mobile tablets in time for CES. These additional models will make the A Series tablet line more robust and provide consumers with more options to suit their varied needs, while addressing skyrocketing demand for tablet computing solutions.”

The eLocity A7 and A10 tablets optimize portability, connectivity, and computing power like never before in a sleek design. The A Series offers a wide range of mobile apps, supports Adobe Flash and is enabled for 3D gaming with the NVIDIA Tegra 2 T-250 dual core processor. Sporting high resolution multi-touch screens and high speed internal flash memory, the eLocity A Series mobile tablets are multipurpose devices that provide a full entertainment solution along with business productivity and wireless connectivity. The tablets are equipped with micro SD slots supporting up to 32GB of added storage, USB ports supporting up to 64GB of added storage and a 1080p HDMI output.

Stream TV’s mission is to bring to market innovative products featuring state-of-the-art technology designed to transform consumer communications and digital lifestyle.

Last edited by a moderator:

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Guess I'd be a little pissed if I were an early A7 adopter. ;) But that's life on the bleeding edge. You get cut...you bleed...

-Matt

superbike81

Jan 3, 2011
Interesting, this is the first I've read of limits on the USB port. It only supports up to 64GB of expandable storage on USB? So you can't plug in an external hard drive if its got more than 64GB?

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Guess I'd be a little pissed if I were an early A7 adopter. ;) But that's life on the bleeding edge. You get cut...you bleed...

-Matt

I am not! A7 is gone for me BJ's picked up by FedEx! So I am free and clear! :) I don't think I would jump on this deal though with the mislead claims for hardware multi-touch..

Last video on it..

Last edited by a moderator:

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
tipstir, you don't count. They haven't made a name for the edge you live on. ;)

BTW, don't know if you know this, but Angry Birds has pinch zoom (not sure the A7 can do it)...if you zoom out, you can see your bird in the slingshot at the same time as the pigs. :) Try it on one of your other tabs!

-Matt

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
I guess I am lucky had a DOA tablet from Singapore I get email from PayPal telling me they'll refund my money and all I had to do is show proof it was mailed back to the seller in China. I use the same package they sent me from Singapore which had cost $15 bucks to send it to China First Class, $30 bucks for P-Mail, $60 bucks for UPS. I had taken the $15 deal. Never again would I go through this way to much hassle. But at least I am getting my full purchase price. Even if the seller refuses to cough-up the funds on tablet that is DOA.

As for AB I think I did see that happen. By accident. A7 to me is like a prototype for this company. They still have some glitches to work out.

mpit52

Aug 10, 2010
I think I might have to pre-order/buy this one to test out. It seems to be good unless the price is really steep.

Arun01

Jan 11, 2011
Well the 10inch are nice but what about the 7inch versions....will there be any or is it just going to be 10inch for 2011 ???

argie916

Jan 13, 2011
I am not! A7 is gone for me BJ's picked up by FedEx! So I am free and clear! :) I don't think I would jump on this deal though with the mislead claims for hardware multi-touch..
I still have my A7, but I'm ready to send it back. Unlike post #5 above, Angry Birds does not pinch zoom, plus no USB-to-computer, inconsistent WiFi, Flash used to work and now it doesn't, etc.

I love the responsiveness, but I'll probably send it back in the next week or so.

mpit52

Aug 10, 2010
:( Can't find anywhere to pre-order...I checked all the links where it states it'll be available.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
This is interesting. I think they forgot it's a federal holiday. I should make headlines of this shortly.

sammyj

Feb 5, 2012
I have kindle on my woundermedia wm8650 went to down load kids book but it said i need up dates on here i can read adultd books im sick of going here there and every wear for help can you help sam