Email notification

reliste

Jan 22, 2011
If I tick the email notification option in email account settings, it goes green and appears to have worked. But it doesn't stay ticked... if I leave the settings page and come back to it again, email notification is unticked. Any advice as to how to ensure it stays ticked? It used to work, but now it doesn't and I'm getting ticked...

Also, is "format Nand memory" the same as a factory reset? If not, how do you perform one?
Thanks

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
Format Nand memory is not the same as a factory reset. The NAND memory is the internal memory on the device, it's a specific partition which can directly be related to an SDcard. It even shows up in some file managers as an SDcard because all it is used for is portable storage. There are no system files stored in NAND. Make sense? If not I'll try to explain better.

To perform a factory reset, hold both the power button and the silver back button down until you see an exclamation point and the android logo on the screen (same steps for updating the device with Coby's update). Once the exclamation triangle and android logo appear hit the (silver) back button. A recovery menu will pop up, to navigate the "menu" button is down and the "home" button is up; the "back" button is select. Scroll down to the third option "wipe data/factory reset" using the "menu" button and then select the option using the silver "back" button. It should prompt if you're sure or not, approve the device to do so and it should begin a complete wipe back to the factory/stock configuration.

reliste

Jan 22, 2011
Thanks for explaining that. Just to clarify one thing you said, there is no Coby update for the MID7005 is there..?

I will try the factory reset to see if that restores the email notification function. I still can't believe there is no contacts/address book on this thing. What do other people do to save email addresses and contacts?

Cheers
Richard

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
No update as far as I know, I wasn't referencing to one. I was just referring to what Coby lists as the steps to update the device on their site, or in other words how to get to that text based recovery menu.

I don't bother with addresses and contacts on my device so I couldn't help you there. I figure without proper 3G or phone support theres no point (mine only has wi-fi).

reliste

Jan 22, 2011
Much appreciated. I'm going to factory restore and then root it to see if i can get a bit more out of it.

Thanks again

reliste

Jan 22, 2011
I just followed those steps to factory reset, holding both keys in for at least 20 seconds but it didn't work. With the power on, it just goes to "power off" and stays there. With the power off, it just starts up as normal. Maybe its the factory reset procedure for the 7015?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
if you have it rooted, you can d/l quickboot and use it to reboot to recovery.

willber

Jan 9, 2011
From Power Off, SILVER button first and then Power button. Hold booth until you get to the boot menu.

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
Power off and like I said, Silver button then power button together and hold until you see the logos.

Sent from my MID7015