email question

daddybigas

Feb 12, 2012
Iuse the stock email app for my imap email. How do i make it check my email manually, as in on demand? i can have it check every x minute. But I see no refresh or check now button to make it check when I want it too.

Thanks in advance!

Jan 23, 2012
This is done via the accounts section in SETTINGS. Find the account ( it might be the only one) and drill down. There's a "fequency" setting in there. Either pick a period or Push. Push may only work with some email providers but not all.

Good luck.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Tablet Forum

daddybigas

Feb 12, 2012
Thank you very much for your replies. Unfortunately this is not my issue. I know where I can set the interval for my email accounts. I know I can get it to never. But if it is set to never there should be a button somewhere in the email app to tell it to check email. Even if I have it set to 15 minutes, there should still be a button in the email app for "refresh" or "check now". Otherwise I have to just sit around until some 15 minute interval happens to pass and I, of course, never know when that will be.

For example, on my iPhone there is a little refresh button that causes it to check email immediately. I can't imagine such critical functionality is missing. I think I must just not be seeing it.

daddybigas

Feb 12, 2012
Doh! I just learned that you only see a refresh button when not in combined inbox view. Frustrating... But at least I know now. I knew it had to be there somewhere.

I am considering trading in the iPhone for a Galaxy Note. But this Thrive is my first Android device. I am tired of having to jailbreak my iPhone just for a minimal amount of customization. However, I am finding Honeycomb very buggy. Lots of crashes, freezes, things just not working, and a lack of polish (like having to refresh email on each box individually). Is it just me, or is this normal for Android? Is ICS better?

Thanks!

Jan 23, 2012
I never had a honeycomb device to compare, but ICS is far better than android 2.2 that was on my HTC magic. I have suffered no OS issues at all, but several apps need updating to cope with landscape screens.

I too have an iPhone but is probably the last Apple product I'll buy. Android is, in one shape or another, the way forward for me.

ETA.
-
Sent from my transformer prime.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
@daddybigas- great thinking to trade the iphone for a note.. ..I got the note, great as it comes and it's one if those that is going to get iCS. There USA a lot about the note on the Web but you can check our my thread over at Samsung Galaxy- Samsung Galaxy Note.

Samsung Galaxy Note

daddybigas

Feb 12, 2012
Thanks for the reply. I am really torn. I like iPhone but am tired of having to jailbreak and not having widgets. But my android tablet which I expected to lure me into the Android world is much more unstable than I ever expected. I am a geek (I run a software company) so I not afraid of some glitches here and there. And I like to be able to tinker. But dang, I have troubles on my tablet just about every session. My iPhone is pretty darn solid and is fast fast! And the iCloud integration is simply seamless, effortless, and reliable.

I don't like Apple! But I may be sticking with them for a whole longer. If the Note is like my Thrive I would be ticked.

I would love to hear from someone who has/had a current iPhone AND has a Note. Do you like your Note better?

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011

If you Google i pod/ galaxy note, you'll find a lot of interesting stuff. I posted this link because you might find the comments more interesting than the actual comparison on u tube!

Last edited by a moderator:

daddybigas

Feb 12, 2012
Thanks. That video was interesting. I had not watched that one yet. I think I will wait a few weeks to see the Note in the AT&T store in person. May just have to buy it so I can use both and decide.