Ematic Announces the eGlide Pro X 9.7-inch Ice Cream Sandwich Tablet for Only $219.99

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
eglidepro-x.jpg

A new Ice Cream Sandwich Android tablet is about to enter the arena. It's called the eGlide Pro X from a company called Ematic. The tablet actually comes with some decent specs, including a 9.7-inch screen, for a budget price of only $219.99. Here's a spec breakdown:
  • 9.7-Inch Display
  • 1.2GHz processor
  • 400MHz GPU
  • 1GB RAM
  • Ice Cream Sandwich/Android 4.0
  • 8GB of internal storage
  • 5GB of available cloud storage
  • MicroSD support up to 32GB
Here's their full press release below:

Los Angeles - June 26, 2012- Ematic, a leader in value tablets, is excited to introduce the 9.7” eGlide Pro X, the latest addition to their line of Android 4.0 powered tablets. Complete with a 4:3 display and packed with competitive programs and apps, it’s the perfect device for professionals’ on-the-go or for personal use.

“We listened to Ematic consumers’ needs and we’re excited to build on the explosive success from our previously released Android 4.0 tablets,” says Roy Rayn, President of Ematic. “This tablet was created to meet the demands of consumers requesting diverse personal and professional elements in one touch screen device.”

The eGlide Pro X includes Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) OS and a built-in three-axis gyroscope.

Faster Browsing, Anywhere
Android 4.0 OS includes an improved, intuitive interface and faster web browsing. With a 1.2GHz processor, 400MHz GPU and built-in Wi-Fi, users can stay connected in this fast-paced world wherever they go!

Increased Storage
Like similar products in Ematic’s line of impressive tablets, the eGlide Pro X features 1GB RAM but has added an additional 8GB of internal storage with 5GB of available cloud storage. A MicroSD Card slot allows users to add up to 32GB of storage, making it easier to store your favorite photos or important documents for easy retrieval!

Always Stay Updated
Ematic’s eGlide Pro X is ready for use right out of the box, and comes pre-loaded with thousands of applications and programs through Ematic’s App Shop. An included office suite allows professionals to view Word, PowerPoint, Excel and more on-the-go. Users can also sift through more than 2.5 million eBooks in the included Kobo eReading application or utilize the Ematic Digital Assistant & Navigator’s hands-free, voice-to-text technology to easily write emails.

Share Life’s Moments
The eGlide Pro X’s slim design lets users carry it anywhere. The tablet is ready for anything from capturing life’s brilliant moments with the front and back cameras to recording ideas with the built-in voice recorder or listening to music. You can share those captured moments with loved ones by loading HD videos, up to 1080p, or utilizing the eGlide Pro X’s HDMI capabilities to mirror the tablet’s actions to your TV.

The eGlide Pro X is available at walmart.com, jr.com, and D&H Distributing for only $219.99.

About Ematic:

Ematic is a leader in portable media and value tablets offering high quality consumer electronics at an affordable price. The company offers a variety of technology ranging from designer headphones to MP3 players and tablets. Ematic prides itself on offering the latest in advanced technology that has undergone rigorous testing for quality, sturdiness and reliability.

Ematic Corporate Giving:

Beyond the production of high quality consumer electronics, Ematic supports initiatives for a greener Earth by running power-conscious facilities, using environmentally-friendly inks made from recycled cartridges, and 100% recyclable packaging. Ematic also makes it their mission to give back to its communities by donating 10% of all profits to various charities.

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Just this morning, I have ordered the 4Gb version from WalMart... current around $150.
All other specs look to be the same, and once Ive used it for awhile, I will likely 'look under the hood' to see if I can 'upgrade' it...

Already own 'a few too many' SuperPAD-types... many of which need 'brain surgery' :rolleyes: and one of the eGlide4... EGL25BL, codenamed 'Tiny'. :p
If this one is ANYWHERE near as good as Tiny, then I might sell the SuperPADs on ebay for parts!

(Well, ok... all but 2... Shep (the working one with 4.03) and Curly (brain-dead copy of Shep)...

I look forward to posting MY observations about 'the new guy'...
:D