Ematic FunTab issues with Netfix and Amazon App Market

android_dad

Dec 2, 2012
I purchased a Ematic FunTab 7" tablet for my daughter (1.2ghz, 512mb, 4gb, WIFI, ICS 4.01). It seems to be a pretty solid little tab for what it costs. The only issues I am having at the moment are getting Amazon App Market and Netflix working.. Amazon market installs just fine, it launches and you are able to search for application and move through the interface. However you are not able to click on any of the applications. It just makes a clicking sound like you have clicked it but noting installs and there are no error messages. I am having similar issues with Netflix. I have tired several apk's listed on this site specifically related to Ematic devices. They all install and launch fine. However on the initial screen where you either register or choose member login I can not click on member login or the register button. If I choose register I have to hit the enter key after the password is entered to proceed to the registration page. Clicking on Member sign in makes not sound, displays no error and on log press of the button it brings up the text editing options. Any help is appreciated, Thanks.

Mamalucas

Dec 5, 2012
I purchased a Ematic FunTab 7" tablet for my daughter (1.2ghz, 512mb, 4gb, WIFI, ICS 4.01). It seems to be a pretty solid little tab for what it costs. The only issues I am having at the moment are getting Amazon App Market and Netflix working.. Amazon market installs just fine, it launches and you are able to search for application and move through the interface. However you are not able to click on any of the applications. It just makes a clicking sound like you have clicked it but noting installs and there are no error messages. I am having similar issues with Netflix. I have tired several apk's listed on this site specifically related to Ematic devices. They all install and launch fine. However on the initial screen where you either register or choose member login I can not click on member login or the register button. If I choose register I have to hit the enter key after the password is entered to proceed to the registration page. Clicking on Member sign in makes not sound, displays no error and on log press of the button it brings up the text editing options. Any help is appreciated, Thanks.

I am having the same issue.. Please post any solution you found.

volden11

Nov 29, 2012
I am having the same issue.. Please post any solution you found.

if you contact ematic by email on there website they will give u the instruction's on how to get rid of most of you issues. ematic tablets come with the amazon app store and the ematic app store (witch dosen't work) on them. in order to get these to work properly you need to send your tablet into ematic and they will remove the "stock" app market stores from the tablet. after you get your tablet back u can then download the new version of amazon app store and or use the apk files on this site to get google play and everything should work fine. i did this with my tablet and everything works including google play.

most of the problem is ematic did something to no allow amazon app store to update. there for the apps think everything is out of date and will not work properly. most of the time it will tell u if it needs to update but mine only showed that it needed to update two times in the month i was trying to get it to work. even if it does not tell u it needs to be updated it does!

android_dad

Dec 2, 2012
Here you go. MODEL NUMBER: FTABC, ANDROID VERSION: 4.0.3, KERNEL VERSION: 3.0.8, BUILD NUMBER: 4.0.3 ICS Ver1.3.0-20120911.055941..

tvojtko

Dec 11, 2012

I had the same issues.

This older version of Android Market works for me - Amazon Appstore (Android) - Download. Just do not upgrade when prompted and make sure to launch the Market from Parent mode and install any apps you want and then assign them to be useable kids mode through the parent dashboard.

I'm still having problems with Netflix, however. I have 2 Funtabs and I have tried Netflix v2.0.2, v1.7.0 and v1.8.1 recommended in another thread. I can successfully view movies in Netflix as soon as I install the app, but if I exit out of Netflix and then try to re-launch the app, I can scroll through the movies, but when I tap on one to view it, nothing happens.

Same thing on both Funtab's, same thing for all 3 versions that I've tried. I've also contacted Ematic Support and made the changes in the settings that they recommend (they are the ones that recommended v1.7.0).

Any recommendations are much appreciated!

Beckea

Sep 4, 2011
Very helpful post.

However, I have to send in my child's tablet to be able to install new "stores" for apps? Ah man this will be hard because I cannot even get him off of it. Is there an easier way to be able to download other app stores?