error when downloading from play store

david1621

Aug 24, 2013
Hi everyone, I am a newbie to tablets and I got one for my grandkids to use at my home it is a chromo inc. Model
X6-7A MID with 4.0.4 android. They downloaded candy crush saga and facebook and now when they
try downloading something from the play store there is an error that says -
error retreiving information from server
(RPC:S-5:AEC-0)
Is there anything I can do to prevent this error? Any help will be appreciated

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi David, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Hi David

The Google servers do have a problem every now and then but if it persists the Google Store app may need its cache cleaned. Settings - apps - all find the Play Store app, clear the cache and restart to see if that helps.

david1621

Aug 24, 2013
OK I tried clearing the cache and it still does the same thing, I get the error every time it starts up because it tries to update other apps should I try reseting the tablet to its original state? I have no problem connecting to the web and downloading other things, is there a site other than the play store to get games and apps?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
OK I tried clearing the cache and it still does the same thing, I get the error every time it starts up because it tries to update other apps should I try reseting the tablet to its original state? I have no problem connecting to the web and downloading other things, is there a site other than the play store to get games and apps?

That would probably work but should be a last resort as yhour data will be gone. Some stuff you can save top DropBox, some you can't. Go to accounts and delete the Google account, restart the tab and add the account back. See if that helps.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011