etouch 700ET upgrade

mikem72

May 9, 2012
Hi all,

I have just received an elonex etouch 700ET which I undertand in also a gome flytouch. It is set as it came out of the factory with Android 1.6

I understand that it is a low entry model but with v1.6 it doesn't really offer anything and I can't even get it to sync google calendar and contacts with the email!

Being a total novice with all these things can somebody offer a solution (I have found how to get firmware by loading as /script onto an SD card) but which one do I need? I want to upgrade to enable flash (iplayer), get the emails, contacts and calendar (i have no idea how to get email meeting invites into the calendar and the menus aren't helpful) and enable downloads from the full marketplace.

I would be very grateful of your help

Thanks

Mike

markuk

Nov 9, 2012
Take care installing any firmware updates to any device. As far as i know their is no update for the eTouch Elonex firmware and it is still 1.6 (people have been wanting a better version for ages so dont expect 1 any time soon).

Right installing the firmware you need to download the firmware from Elonex :: Support id advise anyone to read the instructions carefully before they try and do any updates first. You will need to know what version of eTouch you have you can check by going to "settings" and clicking on "about device". There are 2 firmwares that are on that site for the eTouch Elonex 700ET. The first one didnt work on my eTouch and gave me a NAND error message. This put the wind up me because writing to the NAND on any device shouldnt be done by a novice as you can brick the machine. If it fails your up the creek so to speak, but lucky i downloaded the second firmare un-zipped it an coppied the contents to an SD card (dont put any of these files into a folder just copy to the SD card). Put the SD card into your eTouch an the update should begin and it should work ok again. Anyone this just gave me the same firmware that was already installed so was pointless as an update.