exact key combination for q88 allwinner A13 7" tablet

kobra000

Feb 20, 2013
Hello

pardon me if i have placed this in the wrong place,if i have please tell me and i will move or delete.

I am in desperate need of the EXACT key combination for the Q88 Allwinner a13 7" tablet with dual cameras.

i have been trying for days to get into the recovery mode to reset it back to factory settings (i have a annoying 'too many pattern attempts problem i need to make go away)
they say to use a pin and insert the pin in the hole on the top of the tablet (mic hole i believe) to reset..but i took mine apart and noticed...there is nothing behind that hole!!!! nothing!! and the motherboard is at least a 1/4 inch to the right of it..only thing in front of the hole is a ribbon cable protected in black tape!
i have tried all the key combinations mentioned for 50 webpages..and only once have i gotten into it..but i cant remember what i did or how i did it!

if anyone knows the exact key combination to reset this tablet,,please your advice and assistance would be greatly greatly appreciated.

i thank you ever so much in advance.

Keith

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Keith, welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

gwen8861

Mar 23, 2013
Greetings Keith,
I'm having the same exact problem. I am convinced the battery is never going to die. I've had it in red and the system where it would not come on for over three days and the sucker still would not forget it's settings. So do not believe the discharge for two days information. If discharging it works it clearly takes longer than two days. I am looking for a Windows driver to interface between the tablet and my pc. Do you have that driver? Do you have the firmware update for the tablet?

The key combination is hold down the power key and the volume up button then release the power key. However, it doesn't work for me. Also try powering down holding the volume up key then use the key strokes listed. You should get a robot laying on it's side if it works.

Good luck.
Gwen..

kobra000

Feb 20, 2013
Greetings Keith,
I'm having the same exact problem. I am convinced the battery is never going to die. I've had it in red and the system where it would not come on for over three days and the sucker still would not forget it's settings. So do not believe the discharge for two days information. If discharging it works it clearly takes longer than two days. I am looking for a Windows driver to interface between the tablet and my pc. Do you have that driver? Do you have the firmware update for the tablet?

The key combination is hold down the power key and the volume up button then release the power key. However, it doesn't work for me. Also try powering down holding the volume up key then use the key strokes listed. You should get a robot laying on it's side if it works.

Good luck.
Gwen..

Gwen

sorry its taken me so long to answer back...had a hard drive failure problem

no im sorry i do not have the firmware update for the tablet..been looking high and low for that one myself...message boards..forums with links...it all comes up with bupkiss.
can you tell me how many seconds im supposed to hold down the power key and the volume up button and how many seconds till release of the power key?..cause i keep trying it but nothing works..and i cant remember the key strokes listed to get anything else to work..have you made any head way on yours?
yeah i even tried disconnected the battery to get it to revert to factory settings...annnnnt ..that didnt work...these are tuff little suckers..
there is a program out there that allows you to interface with it via a pc and possiably reset it via a shell terminal and a few simplistic key commands...ill have to post that later as i do not have that information right now.

thanks gwen its appreciated.

keith

vixious

Jun 10, 2013
i have the a13 allwinner from ebay, its passlocked from what i can tell i cant use adb as its not in usb debug, and for the life of me i cant get it to boot recovery mode

kobra000

Feb 20, 2013
MY MY FREINDS MY FEINDS I HAVE done it...sorry alittle excited

you must go to tech know and download UBERIZER..it will allow you to reset your device..remove the "pattern lock feature" and many many other things

hope this helps you

keith