[Experiment] Travelling for holidays with only my S7 as primary 'computer'

Joshua

Nov 28, 2010
Ill be leaving my laptop at home for a week and only using my S7 as i travel out of town for Christmas. Ill blog how my experience is without my laptop and only an Android tablet.

Im curious if I will miss my laptop????

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I did it with my S7 over Thanksgiving. Loved it! More thanenough horsepower.

Ives

Dec 10, 2010
It's kind of funny you mention this, sort of a related observation but I've noticed that since I got my S7 a couple of weeks ago that my high end 3 monitor gaming system at home has been idle alot lately and most of my gaming time is spent on this little tablet ( Stupid Angry Birds ). I have 4 different comp's in my house and the one i'm staring at the most is the smallest screen and slowest proc. Go figure... : )

Have fun traveling with your new toy.

So what's your primary use for the S7 on the road? Videos, reading, browsing, all of the above? Are you tethered to a 3g phone for internet?

Ives

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Tethered to my DINC unless there is an open WiFi. App usage was Facebook, Kindle, browser, Angry Birds and geotagging.

ufxss

Nov 16, 2010
My usage on the road have been Kindle Reader, Videos, News browsing,Weather app, facebook, twitter, and of course angry birds....and yes I have with me both auto and wall charger., Actually I hve not used it as a phone or 3G browsing, mostly I have used WiFi

Joshua

Nov 28, 2010
So far so good, ive not had any regrets about not having my laptop. Main uses have been web surfing, navigation, games, music in car with pandora.