Extend Lock Screen Timeout?

funop

Jan 14, 2015
Hi folks. I have a Nexus 7 1st gen tablet and it was updated to Android Lollipop yesterday. I like the feature whereby I can preview notifications at the lock screen before actually entering the unlock info. However, this screen times out after about 8 seconds which doesn't give me much time to skim the notifications. I usually have a dozen or so because of new email. Is there any way to extend this time for the lock screen before I have to enter the unlock info?

Thank you,
Bob
Los Angeles

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum Bob

I don't have the Nexus but on my tablet under settings there is a setting called display and under that are selections for determining how many minutes the tablet should stay awake. I think you should find a solution there.

pravinkumar

Jan 31, 2015
You can manually lock the Nexus 7 at any time by pressing the Power Lock button. When you don’t manually lock, the tablet automatically locks itself after a given period of inactivity.
To set the time-out to something other than ten minutes, obey these steps:
  1. At the Home screen, touch the All Apps button.
  2. Choose Settings to open the Settings app.
  3. Choose Display and then Sleep.
  4. Choose a time-out value from the Sleep menu.
    The range is from 15 seconds to 30 minutes at various intervals.
  5. Touch the Home button to return to the Home screen.
The lock timer begins after a period of inactivity, when you don’t touch the screen or the timer starts ticking. About five seconds before the time-out value you set (refer to Step 4), the touchscreen dims. Then it turns off and the screen locks. If you touch the screen before then, the timer is reset.