Extending Battery Life in Vizio Tablet

xkchief

Dec 8, 2011
Has anyone got 10 hours of Battery life?..what is the most you have gotten........I use Juice Defender and Advance Task Killer Apps and also Airplane Mode (when not online) these seem to work a little but I wonder if there are any other things I can do to extend Battery time....................Thanks for Your Help

Martel

Nov 14, 2011
I put the widget that shows all my connections, plus brightness and such on the front page of my tablet, so I can remember to turn things off. I also use Juice Defender and ATK. I get maybe about 8~ hours if I remember to force kill some of the more hungry apps

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Screen brighteness, wifi, bluetooth and gps are going to be your biggest drains. Set the brightness as low as you can stand and use airplane mode or just turn off the wifi/blutetooh/gps when not in use.

IMA_210

Dec 20, 2011
All of the above suggestions are spot on. Personally, I set my brightness to medium and use Screebl which is a free app on the market. Screebl detects the orientation of the device, if I lay it down and forget to shut the screen off Screebl will shut it off in 15 seconds. It also helps when you are trying to read a webpage and the screen time out wants to always dim the screen. Market Link: https://market.android.com/details?...GwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5rZXllcy5zY3JlZWJsLmxpdGUiXQ..

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Another thing you can do is go in and turn off all transitional effects. This will speed the unit up a bit and save a pinch more on battery.

lesterF

Mar 9, 2012
How about when the Vtab is on standby? I fully charged my tab and unplugged it at 7:00 am. I did not use it for a whole day (did not wake it and wifi and gps are off), and by 10pm the battery is completely drained. Is this typical?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
How about when the Vtab is on standby? I fully charged my tab and unplugged it at 7:00 am. I did not use it for a whole day (did not wake it and wifi and gps are off), and by 10pm the battery is completely drained. Is this typical?

No, this is not typical at all. In standby mode the battery should last several days. Of course it depends on what apps you have any what settings. For example you could have an app checking for email every two minutes even in standby. You can go to the battery settings and see what has been using the battery the most. You can also get apps from the Market which will monitor and let you know what apps are running. This is particularly handy for finding rogue apps that are consuming processor and battery when they shouldn't be running.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Never had that problem with mine. Any apps or widgets that did checks/updates, ie email, Facebook were set to every hour.
On stand buy my tablet would last about 6 or 7 days as mentioned above.