External keyboard connectivity in aakash tablet

asha

Mar 5, 2013
HI,
I have an aakash base model tablet(android 4.0.4) having no USB port.I want to connect an external keyboard to it.what should i do???
I tried a power Usb hub to which i connected my tab's usb cable and tried to connect the external k/b.still its not working.Is there any need of drivers or something???If yes can you suggest some and how it is deployed in my tablet.
Waiting for a gr88 response.:confused:

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

You will need a USB host adapter. The charging cable typically only has USB slave capability. There is a chance than an OTG cable may work if your tablet has a microUSB port. Here is one example: Amazon.com: T & S Electronics Micro USB OTG Cable - LIFETIME WARRANTY! (On-The-Go Cable, Micro USB OTG to USB 2.0 Adapter, Compatible with Nexus 7 & Nexus 10 and all OTG compatible devices): Computers & Accessories

Otherwise, Bluetooth is your best bet if your tablet has bluetooth.

asha

Mar 5, 2013
Thanks for the reply..but do you think we need additional driver to show the k/b connectivity.i tried the connection as u described but the k/b is not detected by the tablet.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
My guess is that there would be no driver that would solve the problem, If it doesn't work straight away it probably won't. The blue tooth suggestion Frederuco made is your best bet, if your tablet supports BT.