Favorite Apps / Games for the Acer?

dan776

Apr 27, 2011
If it's a game, or a tool, I'm just wondering what people are using on their Acer?

My favorite App is probably Uloops Studio, which is an awesome full-featured loop-style music studio which is free to try.

My second favorite is TuneIn Radio, the free Radio station that lets you get any nationwide station that streams (which is most radio stations).

I have other favorites as well, but those are the ones I've been using the most lately. In terms of games, I've just been playing Angry Birds Rio which I love to hate...

sigsauer33

Apr 27, 2011
Here is my list as of today
Moboplyer
Google earth
Shazam
ATK
gentle alarm
Pocket cloud
File manager hd

dan776

Apr 27, 2011
Nice, I was wondering what people were using as a file manager... I was using Adao which is great on Droid, but not so good on the tablet.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
Nice, I was wondering what people were using as a file manager... I was using Adao which is great on Droid, but not so good on the tablet.

I still use Estrong. Use it on my phone and it works the same on the tablet. I've never used Adao. What don't you like about it on the tablet?

dan776

Apr 27, 2011
It still shows as large on the tablet screen as it does on the phone... so it's like looking at a phone-size file manager on the tablet.

I downloaded File Manager HD just now, and wow, it's really pretty great.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
I tried that one, too. However, I couldn't find the MicroSD card. I'm sure it's there, but it just wasn't intuitive to me where to find things as the other File Explorers I've used. I may give it another try since it's still on my tablet.

drozas

May 1, 2011
I'm using file m HD and I can't find my micro SD either. Other than that, I'm using pulse, k9 mail for my exchange for work. Facebook app keeps fc. Dolphin HD is a must for full web. Pageonce is also key. Keeps track of all my accounts and gives daily updates on my accounts.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

drozas

May 1, 2011
Found micro SD in file manager HD by pressing "up" in the upper toolbar. Now how do you transfer files?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

dan776

Apr 27, 2011
Just longpress on file, then click Edit

Then click copy.

Then go to new location. Paste is the leftmost button on top toolbar, so click it after navigating to destination.

Last edited:

taichimaster

Apr 29, 2011
If you want the "WOW" factor with your A500, try the new Google Earth (find it in the Market place). It just got updated today (the April 5th) and it rocks. Try it and let me know what you think.

dan776

Apr 27, 2011
Also, check out TedAir... it was just updated today, so now it works on the Acer!

I admit its a little dorky... but its instant access to hundreds if talks from experts. From the TED conferences. Worth a look if you like watching experts speak about what they know. Boring for anyone else. For me, so glad they updated it to work on 3.0.