Favorite Launchers?

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
It's abundantly clear that the launcher that ships with the A700 is laggy and an overall pain to use. I really thought by ICS that Google would have implemented some of the good stuff other launchers do by default. I guess not.

So I've tried a few out:

GO Launcher HD - It added the gestures I like, but the strange rectangular shapes of the icon areas made my widgets look stupid when the screen was rotated. It was too much like the regular ICS launcher.

GO Launcher EX - This is what I use on my NookColor. I enjoy it...But it does not translate well to this large screen, and all the icons are a tad blurry.

Apex - The absolute best I've tried. Super fast and responsive. It has all the options of GO and ADW in one package. Everything looks good, and all my widgets retain their shapes when the screen is rotated. Did I mention it is super fast?

Nova - Similar to Apex, but has more screen transitions. Reminded me too much of the ICS launcher, and was a bit slower than Apex. Still faster than the one that comes with the A700.

Captain_Crypto

Jun 27, 2012
I'm using Nova but am considering Apex based on everything I've read. Are you using the paid or unpaid version? I see in the Play Store the differences but I was looking for opinions on if the paid version is worth the money.

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
I'm using the free version, and it does everything I want it to do. I expect if I got the paid version, it'd do things in a way that I didn't like...Kind of like ADW and ADW EX...I liked ADW, but EX had some strange changes that I really didn't like.