Few questions about the Samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0

Underdog

Apr 17, 2012
Hey guys, just looking to buy my first tablet and the Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0 has caught my eye. Seems to be a decent compromise between price and performance with a solid brand name. Everywhere i've looked says it will be shipped on the 22nd (for pre orders) does that mean it will be available in shops on the 22nd too? I'm currently living in Bangkok Thailand so im hoping that i'll be able to wander into a samsung shop on the 22nd and just pick one up.

Everywhere i look seems to state different memory capacities, there are a lot of places stating that the tab will come with 8, 16, and 32GB options

Samsung GALAXY Tab 2 - Samsung Mobile

where other places state it will only come in 8GB

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7-Inch, Wi-Fi): Computers & Accessories

Also does anyone know whether a 3g option is going to be available? Again sources are conflicting and from all the pictures i've seen it doesnt seem to have a simcard slot.

My last question is that this tab has expandable memory through a Micro SD card, and it says that it can be expanded my 32gb, is there any reason why a 64gb micro sd card wouldnt work?

Seems very strange that there are conflicting specs between amazon and samsung.com so close to the release date!!!

Underdog

Apr 17, 2012
Just asked about in a load of shops today in thailand and no one even seems aware that theres new samsung galaxy tabs coming out.... tried to contact samsung online to ask them about it but its literally impossible to get an answer. How likely is it that the new tablets wont be hitting the shelves in south east asia at the same time as the US?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I read recently that the 8 gig version is coming first, and higher storage capacity versions may be available in the near future. Mainly it seems Samsung is trying to hit as low a price point as possible.