File location

sparky3542

Feb 4, 2013
I have downloaded some kindle/amazon books to my tablet. I want to copy those books to USB stick but cant find the books using a file manager. Where are the books located? I can find books I have downloaded but not the amazon/kindle books. Any help is greatly appreciated

DonSchaeffer

Jun 24, 2013
I have downloaded some kindle/amazon books to my tablet. I want to copy those books to USB stick but cant find the books using a file manager. Where are the books located? I can find books I have downloaded but not the amazon/kindle books. Any help is greatly appreciated

I think they are on the Amazon server. Amazon doesn't want you to share or store books. It's one user account only. The books are probably streamed to you.

sparky3542

Feb 4, 2013
I turned off our wifi and the book still came up which tells me the books from amazon are in the acer, but still cant find out where they are

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
They are in a system area that could only be accessed if you were rooted. The problem still remains that they are DRM protected and only intended for the device they were registered on.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Actually, you can download the kindle reader for all your devices and if you log in you can download to any device that uses your Amazon Account. I've downloaded books on one device (paid for) and shared to my other devices free.

However, I think you will find the books in the data area of the kindle app but they are locked to your account. So you cannot copy them onto a usb stick and give it to your friend.

But you can look under sdcard/Android/data you'll find another folder called com.amazon.kindle - look in there but...you mess up you cry.

Last edited:

sparky3542

Feb 4, 2013
I have found the looks in the kindle/file folder and they are saved as .prc files. There is an option on amazom for you to leave the books at amazon or download to your tablet. I prefer to have them on my tablet so i can read if wifi is not available. just so you know