Finally got a Transformer Prime ordered - What should I get for it (gear and apps)?

Spork3245

Jan 3, 2012
After two weeks of trying I finally got a Transformer Prime ordered this morning from Office Depot (.com) while they had them in-stock (My girlfriend has been trying to buy me one as a Christmas present)! Also got free overnight shipping with it :) (but 24-hours to process the order so I won't actually get it till Thursday :( ).

Anyway, was wondering what gear I should get for it? I'm obviously going to get a case for it, but it doesn't look like any of the TF-201 cases are available yet; Do TF-101 cases fit the Prime? If not, both Verteks and Vipertek have cases coming out on Friday, does anyone have any experience with cases from those companies? "rooCase" is another one I was looking at, but none of them release till the 18th or later unfortunately... I'm also considering dropping the $150 on that docking-station/keyboard that ASUS has available, worth the money (If I get that, I'll prob need a case that fits the keyboard + tablet, if one exists)? Anything else you guys would recommend?

Also, what are the "must-have" apps for Droid? I also need some good diet/exercise logging apps (I body-build as a hobby), recommendations? Besides regular apps, I'm also looking for games, but I'm looking for *real* games, not casual things - How's Shadowgun? Anything else you guys would recommend? I know that iOS has Infinity Blade/II, is there any chance of that coming over to Droids? I've been playing it on my Dad's iPad and it's pretty awesome, but I can live without it for more features/functionality I suppose :p

I can't wait till Thursday! Thanks in advance everyone :)

G37

Jan 3, 2012
Get gear, nothing better than adding bling to your hi-tech gadgets. Word.

Spork3245

Jan 3, 2012
Get gear, nothing better than adding bling to your hi-tech gadgets. Word.

Thanks? But I don't think you read my post. What gear should I get? More specifically, what kind of case is good; ie. quality-wise? Also, is the keyboard/dock that ASUS makes for the transformer prime worth purchasing?

G37

Jan 3, 2012
I know the keyboard/dock thingy is very top heavy. But it also adds considerable life. As for case, the rooCase are cool for any android tablet it allows you to rotate the tablet easily while still maintaining the integrity of the case. With the USB ports, you're better off just getting a USB keyboard. thats what I think.

Spork3245

Jan 3, 2012
I know the keyboard/dock thingy is very top heavy. But it also adds considerable life. As for case, the rooCase are cool for any android tablet it allows you to rotate the tablet easily while still maintaining the integrity of the case. With the USB ports, you're better off just getting a USB keyboard. thats what I think.

The prime doesn't have any USB ports, they are on the docking bay :p
Thanks though, I'll wait a bit for the roocase to be available for the prime if they are better quality than the others I mentioned :)

G37

Jan 3, 2012
The prime doesn't have any USB ports, they are on the docking bay :p
Thanks though, I'll wait a bit for the roocase to be available for the prime if they are better quality than the others I mentioned :)

I'm uninformed. I thought it had USB ports. Maybe I was thinking about the Acer o_O. In the words of Rick Perry, "Oops"