Finally have a Galaxy Note

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Picked up the Galaxy Note 2 today, finally able to upgrade. I know the 3 is right around the corner but I don't care. I can finally stop being envious of Gloria at least as far as the phone goes.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Tom, it's great! Now you have this phone, you're going to use your tablet less and less! It's such a great size for everything.I feel better now that I don't feel those strong winds of envy blowing towards me! :)

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I can already tell I'm going to love this thing, and for some reason I kind of expected a similarity to the Note 10.1 but it really is unique. I could have gotten a small trade in value for the HTC but I kept it for the 3D camera and display.

RealCatfish

Oct 18, 2012
I got the Galaxy Note 2 finally glad that I got a device that works after being a Motorola fan for almost 30 years Samsung finally made a device that to my liking it does everything I needed to do so far

Sent by Real Catfish from my Xoom using Android Tablet

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Yeah, beautiful display and the battery life seems very good. Probably the best wifi on any device, tablet or phone, I've used besides my Note 10.1

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Make sure you protect it with a cover....these bigger phones seem to slip off one's hand more easily! I already

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi Tom ,

Congratulations on your new note, Im also a fan and love mine as much as Gloria does hers !
Enjoy !

Mark:cool:

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Already got a cover and I think I am falling in love. And to think I had considered a Windows Phone, but not that seriously I just kind of like the new Nokia with the 5000 mega pixel camera.
I really think the pen integration is better here than the Note 10.1, or at least I like the way S Note works better as well as the handwriting input panel.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Hi Tom ,

Congratulations on your new note, Im also a fan and love mine as much as Gloria does hers !
Enjoy !

Thanks, I was late to the party here because of silly contracts. This thing is easily worth buying off contact though.

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi Tom,

Your not wrong about stupid contracts, my wife has been due a upgrade since last december but we wont renew because tmobile uk want £40 a month for 2 years and over £200 up front for the upgrade. I bought her a s3 dual sim clone off of ebay for £100 and six months on its still working fine and shes happy with it.
She wanted a xperia z or a s3 but she said no to the increasing prices and long and expensive contract terms.
Both archos and prestigio have started selling dual sim android phones in the uk and while more expensive than the clones they are less than half the price of a equivelent big name phone.
I recently read that un locked un subsidised phones are a major growth area in local sales due to many customers refusing to commit to 2 year contracts to get a new phone, in the current economic climate im not suprised !

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
For sure people have for the most part accepted the incredibly high price of mobile phone service, but it is really crazy. Probably why companies like Virgin Mobile are so popular. I can't take advantage of the less expensive options because of where I live, none get service here. T-Mobile is trying to convince us their no contact business model is different but that's silly, you may not be tied in to a 2 year service contract but you are making payments on the phone for two years anyway and you still have to buy service.