Fine Volume Control, adds a dial to volume dialog and lets you go below 1 bar volume

richardop

Feb 17, 2011
Hey guys,

We've rewritten Fine volume control, and it now works much better. It basically allows your volume to be set anywhere from 0-100% (1% being almost inaudible). It's great if the regular 1-volume is too loud on your device, or you want more precise control over audio.

Major rewrite - no longer uses the earpiece speaker
  • With the new app, you get 100 different volume levels from silent to full volume.
  • Control volume with an onscreen dial. Ideal for tablets
  • Works on Media/Alarm/Ringer & Notification/System (in-call excluded)
  • Has an automatic overlay that appears when changing volume (ROM dependent) but also has a regular volume control app
  • Fully customisable
  • For those people using ROMs that don't support the automatic popup, there is a secondary launcher icon that shows the media volume dial for a few seconds.
Fine volume control V2 (Trial)

Fine volume control unlocker

The original app is still available on the market, but now deprecated. If you buy the unlocker app, you can use either version.
I've just released a new app that enhances the standard media volume dialog by adding 2 functions:
  • A fancy volume dial (complete with glow) to use instead of repeatedly pressing the volume buttons
  • A finer volume setting that effectively lets you go below 1 bar of volume by redirecting sound to the earpiece speaker when you drop below a threshold marked on the slider

Free version:

https://market.android.com/details?id=opotech.finevolume

Full version:

https://market.android.com/details?id=opotech.finevolume.unlocker includes more colours, dialog styles, adjustable dial sensitivity, size, toggle button pulse and removal of ads.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Last edited:

richardop

Feb 17, 2011
Regrettably FC's on my 3.2 A100.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the report. I just tested it on a 3.2 emulator and it crashes because 3.2 uses a different volume dialog layout to all previous versions. It's on the todo list :)

alphawave7

May 1, 2011
Thanks for the report. I just tested it on a 3.2 emulator and it crashes because 3.2 uses a different volume dialog layout to all previous versions. It's on the todo list :)

Please update this thread when 3.2 version goes gold. :)

richardop

Feb 17, 2011
Please update this thread when 3.2 version goes gold. :)

Apologies for the late response!

The update is out and it should work (it does on my emulator) with 3.2 now but will use 2.X-style volume dialog, not the blue & yellow comet-style native to honeycomb. We can't support that since big G won't release the source.

Brian64

Aug 20, 2011
Any chance you could turn this into a widget that sits on a tablet screen? Eg, one that doesn't require hitting the volume buttons first.

Brian