First Android tablet and not happy

Cattybee60

Mar 18, 2012
I own a couple of desktop computers, but wanted to be able to access the internet while moving around. I didnt' want the weight of a laptop, (still own one of those too) so decided to purchase a 'tablet' I bought a Neopad 8650, followed the instructions TO THE LETTER, but after trying to charge it, as instructed, it stopped charging after an hour. I understood the red light would change from red (charging) to green (charged), but the red light simply went out. However there was a charge held in the unit. I proceeded to visit, You Tube and Facebook (bundled with the unit) but I couldnt get onto Facebook, I did manage to get onto You Tube, but after only a couple of minutes, the picture remained static with the 'buffering' sign coming up on screen. I have since found that IF I move the Neopad more than say 18ft from the Wi Fi source, it shuts off. This is not good as I wanted the unit to be 'mobile' !! I have contacted the seller, but have just been pointed in the direction of an overseas provider. I looked on their site for a more comprehensive manual, but nothing there either. Also the unit is unresponsive when I go to use the 'slider' to start the unit when it's gone 'to sleep' after a few minutes. Help would be appreciated in how to better use this unit. The manual is not very helpful and quite ambiguous in some of its' instructions. Simple things like changing from upper to lower case, needed when entering passwords etc. How and who can I ask about these things.
Intro to me. OVER 21, most definitely, Female, yep, New Zealand

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Cattybee, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to answer your questions. Good luck!