First Ice Cream Sandwich Powered Tablet in the US is Only $120: Ainovo Novo7 Paladin

Dec 19, 2011
wow this may seem like an excellent value for 120 dollars - but how stable are all the applications and the software ?
and some of the sites suggest you buy a us warranty plan so you don't have to send it back to china for repairs...

Dec 31, 2011
I have seen the Paladin at bestmid and android-sale and i was wondering if they are reliable sites? I know they sell this tablet at merimobiles and pandawill, but everywhere i look people talk about how bad their shipping and customer service is... so i dont think I'll be buying from them.(plus i dont wanna wait 30 day to get it) It says that there is no 3g support out to the box, but you can purchase a dongle. What exactly is a dongle and how much would it cause?

Also at Bestmid, the specs for the paladin are VERY INCORRECT, so im questioning their reliablity as well. Lastly i was wondering if bestmid's 4-6 day shipping option is really worth the extra cash.

jondo1383

Dec 29, 2011
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND (Imho) NOT TO BUY A BASIC or PALADIN(or from ainol for that matter).
Both sport a MIPS processor, while it has better battery life -it doesn't support most applications!!!
Add this to the fact that they're plaining to release "ELF" (an ARM processor) suggest they have no intention of supporting there product at all.

And all this hype about "a ICS tablet for $100!!!" -is a fabrication the closest thing out now is a buggy 4.0 beta. This company comes out blasting "certified" Android 4.0 then release a bunch of 2.3 or 3.2's then discontinue all of them.
Only to later push Paladin w/o a cam hdmi output or even a sd slot for that matter (for the same price).

Don't take my word for it, just goto their site ainovo.com what you'll see is a discontinued product screaming ICS support with no real info just lots of pretty pictures and no support
I'm very disappointed.

renegade.DJ

Jan 6, 2012
at the end of the day it is true you do get what you pay for its like the old saying,,,just couse you have a little money does not mean you are gonna get what you want but at the end of the day its the survival of the fittest meaning in a nice way when i say this but most of the time people buy a popular tablet just for that one reason cous its popular like the ipad the thing has a crappy look and all you have to do is blow at the screen and the thing will go poof lol no offence steve jobs but why must you sell every thing at a high price?

Hoverbored

Jan 9, 2012
I have one in hand. Basic unit was $109, I believe. Was $140 with a screen protector installed, a keyboard case [broke in 3-5 days], and a ridiculously small pair of Capacitive gloves (size, ahem, "Large"?),. Unit itself seems very solid. No, no HDMI, no camera, no bluetooth.

Does have ICS 4.0.1 out of the box. Dozen chinese apps I can't use, have blown away. Did get Android Market loaded, as well as Amazon Market. There are a few items I *DID* get loaded OK. At first default email seemed to mess up, now seems fine [not sure what changed]. Loaded K-9, but now all seems fine there. There are NUMEROUS things for which I get "This app is incompatible with this device". Netflix and Dolphiin browser are 2 of them. Need to look for other things...

Ask me, I will try to find/load it. I'm a little new at this tablet stuff, but did own an Android phone previously. You may have to point things out, and give rudimentary instructions.

*MY* question - Does anyone see a source for updated firmware for the Ainol Novo7 Paladin? Even better, in English?? Would like a copy of basic 4.0.1, as well as any legitimate update to that level.

Kristie_L

May 10, 2011
Please be careful updateing. From what I've read on other forums there isn't a legit update. I'm waiting. I bricked one-I don't want to do it again.

Kristie_L

May 10, 2011
Well I have to say I am less then impressed with this Paladin. I am having a hard time finding apps that work. Seems like everything I download - not compatible. I cannot connect it to my PC, Windows 7 does not recognize it in any of the usual places I would look (My Computer, search). I am not a computer wizard by any means but was hoping I could manage this. I am going to try to download a movie to see what happens.