Fix Problem with Original Firmware in Coby Kyros 7024

Kilimanyaru

Oct 19, 2011
Hi guys. I have my 7024 with the OFM (Original Firmware) Android 2.2, but a have problem:

1) the tablet when booting, it flashes COBY and the unit shuts off.
2) Continuously rebooting.

I install the original Coby Update, They say "This update will fix continuously rebooting" well i think it increased rebooting -.-
Before update, i used to have those rebooting perhaps 1 every 3 or 4 days. Now the tablet reboot at least 2 times per day!! It is so annoying!! :mad:

And it is not only that, sometimes the tablet turn off by it self when i am use it, then, i turn on; and all my apps do not works!! So i have to reinstall all my apps!!

I do not know what to do. Anyone have or had this same problem? How do i fix it?

I was thinking in try another ROM, but honestly i don't know how to install one. I was reading some posts here and they told about "hard brick" in Kyros... I don't want my tablet dies!

If the solution is change ROM, can anyone of you please show me some tutorial, how i do start?

I was reading this post http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...13-cfw-mid7024-based-alldro2-gingerbread.html
From steev, i would like to try, but i don't know where i start.... :s

Thanks a lot for help you can give me!

mccawley2000

Jun 1, 2011
I would have sent it back the first week of having it. Flash it with the OFW from Coby and contact tech support for an RMA.

Just my 4cents ( inflation)

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Yes, return it if you can and it's still under warranty. My first MID1024 did the same, I ended with a brick and had no choice but return it.

Kilimanyaru

Oct 19, 2011
I was reading at the Coby homepage and they say tablets has 3 months warranty... I buy my almost 2 months ago in MercadoLibre (the Latin American Ebay). Coby don't has support in my country... should i call to the North American Coby support centre?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
If you don't have a receipt from a store, then I think they will hardly accept it... :(

Besides the receipt to prove that it's under the 3mo warranty, you have to send it to them and pay for the return, so I think you may want to try to exchange it with whoever sold it to you.

Kilimanyaru

Oct 19, 2011
I have the receipt that gave me the MercadoLibre seller from his store (A normal store, don't have nothing to do with Coby)... it will be enough to Coby Support center?
I am going to try with the ML seller.... Thanks!

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Try your local seller first if they will replace/repair your tablet.

Dec 6, 2011
my kyros isnt working wenever i tap it it just selecs google then it wont let me click on the letters or other searches and i have to push the silver button to go back please help me figure out how to fix it please

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Hi nathanhaloreach,

Welcome to the board, I'm glad you could join us here. Did it always do this or did you try to apply some update or something that went wrong?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
my kyros isnt working wenever i tap it it just selecs google then it wont let me click on the letters or other searches and i have to push the silver button to go back please help me figure out how to fix it please

Backup whatever data you want to save then restart your tablet with no card in the external slot while holding the home button (silver one). You should see a message that no update was found and if press VolumeUp button it will init (erase) the internal SD card. It will work like a factory reset. If you haven't rooted and/or messed with the system files then it should fix your problem. If it doesn't, then you need to re-install the original firmware from Coby's website. If you still have problems after this, then either you have a bad internal microSD or a defective device.