flare tablet internet connection

elsied

Jan 13, 2013
I have a flare tablet (hs-9dtb4-4gb) and I cannot connect to the internet using LAN. On the advanced settings it shows the DNS as blank I have the code but cannot enter it manually any advice?? I am not very tablet savvy so please be as specific as possible.
Thanks

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

When you long press the connection it should show settings then advanced. The DNS settings should be there. Do you not see it?

elsied

Jan 13, 2013
Hi the mac address is there but there but the ip address is unavailable, my provider gave it to me can I input it manually?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Hi the mac address is there but there but the ip address is unavailable, my provider gave it to me can I input it manually?

You would need an IP address, subnet address, gateway and DNS addresses for it to work correctly.

Dabber

Feb 14, 2013
I have the same tablet except the 8gb version. I can get a connection at home and other peoples houses. Works fine when I do that. My question is.......I have the Iphone 4 and it has a feature for Personal hotspot. I got the Tablet to connect to it and the Phone verifies that it has a connection but when I try to do anything on the net it says I have an error no connection. I called apple support and they say that I have the phone settings the way they are supposed to be. Any Ideas on what I'm missing on this??? I want this connection so when I'm out I can use the data plan on the phone because I have a good Plan!!! Leeshor I have looked at your links in your sig but cant seem to find the answer.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Had you, at any time in the past, installed any app on the tablet that was supposed to assist with tethering? If sothat is probably where the problem is. If not then I'm sorry, I have no other ideas.