Flash On Vizio Vtab1008

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Since the Honeycomb update (and even before) there has been some confusion about which version of Flash will run on the Vtab1008 due to a Playstore (Market) message stating incompatibility with the newer Flash versions. Generally speaking people without the latest Flash versions experience problems with apps that need Flash (video, browsers, music streaming) to work properly making it appear that the app is broken when really all they need to do is update Flash.

This thread is your chance to post up a pic of the Flash version currently running on your system to show that you can side load the newest Flash for people out there who aren't sure that is can be done via side loading.

$WP_000103.jpg

Last edited:

lesterF

Mar 9, 2012
I've tried the stock Flash 10.3 and the latest version listed in the market (11.1 - side loaded) and I seem to get better results with stock 10.3
10.3 runs better in the stock browser for me, and Crackle only works with 10.3 and not 11.1

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I seem to recall someone saying in a thread that appeared a couple of weeks ago that Visio had modified/optimized the stock 10.3 to work better with the Visio tablets.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I don't know that it is "optimized" since Vizio uses 10.3 on Gingerbread and Honeycomb. Doesn't seem like it would work for both. On top of that you would think Adobe would be making the newer Flash versions run better than the previous ones. In any case Flash is always going to cause some problems. Some apps are going to be built on a certain version of Flash and then Flash will be updated and those apps won't work so well anymore. If you try and stay on the old version of Flash new apps and updates will come out and won't work without the new Flash.

In my experience the latest stable version of flash actually released by Adobe tends to run the most apps and the best. YMMV

Kail

Mar 5, 2012
The side loading is OK. i.e. it installed.

When I use Flash check version on the native Browser, the web page did not show the Flash working. Visit to sites with Youtube also did not show.

However, if I use the Youtube App. It functions OK. Also, Dolphin Browser HD works with Flash.

May be something is preventing the Flash 11.1 to work with the native Browser. When I install Flash 11.1, I have already Stopped the Browser and I have rebooted the System after install.

Also, after the Flash 11.1 installation, an extra icon "Flash Player Settings" showed up on the App view. When openned with Dolphin Browser HD shows a Settings Manager where you can adjust Local Storage and Peer-Assisted Networking.

Last edited:

birdcrazie

Nov 3, 2011
Using my stock browser I went to adobe website and checked flash version, then I went to a flash test page, 11 is working correctly

6100d1332863760t-vizio-browser-uploadfromtaptalk1332863717795.jpg
6101d1332863776t-vizio-browser-uploadfromtaptalk1332863732910.jpg
6099d1332863742t-vizio-browser-uploadfromtaptalk1332863699740.jpg

Kail

Mar 5, 2012
Using my stock browser I went to adobe website and checked flash version, then I went to a flash test page, 11 is working correctly

Are you using the Vizio tablet in Honeycomb. Your attached pictures did not show like my stock Browser on the top lines?

What version of Adobe Flash Player did you installed? I cannot see the version on your attached picture. Also, where did you download the Apk file? Did you do any thing special during the side loading? Do you have any other Browser installed in your tablet?

I am trying to find out why my Vizio Honeycomb stock Browser not working with Flash Player 11.1.111.6. while Dolphin Browser works.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Kail, you might want to try clearing the data/cache of your stock browser (through Settings>Apps or an app like Titanium Backup). You can also try rebooting or a factory reset. The factory reset will clear your entire tablet so back up first if you do that, but it may reset the browser.

Another option is just to not use the default browser. It doesn't have any inherent value and there are plenty of other options to suit your preference if you can't get it working the way you want.

Kail

Mar 5, 2012
I did cleaned the data/cache! I also went into Settings and Force Stop all apps! I also uninstall the Flash Player before the install in all different tries!

I have no problem of using two different Browsers for different purpose. I also have no problem of using Flash Player version 10.3 either. I don't view Youtube that often that it bothers me and not wait for some fix later.

I am just interested to find out whether it works or not and help out in clearing the mess of communication of the problem.

What I find is that the Honeycomb Browser is much faster than Dolphin Browser in page rendition!

View attachment 6229View attachment 6230View attachment 6231

I am attaching the prove of installation and how the stock Vizio Browser looks like in Honeycomb.

Last edited:

Roger2008

Apr 4, 2012
I am trying to find out why my Vizio Honeycomb stock Browser not working with Flash Player 11.1.111.6. while Dolphin Browser works.

I ran into almost the exact same issue, but version 11.1.111.6 still has issues with the Dolphin Browser HD just not as many.

Case in point if you are currently running 11.1.111.6:

1. Start your Dolphin Browser at www.youtube.com/?nomobile=1 (meaning desktop version of YouTube)

2. Tap on any video at least a minute long to start and when it ask for an action make sure you play the YouTube video in the Dolphin Browser because the YouTube Application does not use the Adobe Flash Player at all.

3. Now every time you do a single tap on the video it should either stop it or restart it but some times it takes two single taps and does the same thing one double tap would do meaning it either tries to go full screen or tries to get back from going full screen.

And here is the sad thing. If you try the steps above with 11.1.111.6 and the Standard or Stock Android Browser you will not see any video at all until you double tap to go full screen and then the video will not update very fast.

So what it boils down to is you are right that 11.1.111.6 clearly works better with Dolphin Browser HD and from what I have seen of 11.1.111.6 it pretty much trashes the standard browser so it is not a very good solution for problems that showed up after the Vizio Honeycomb update.

But my real issue is when you try to complain to Vizio Tech Support they will tell you that is the difference between Gingerbread and Honeycomb. As soon as I hear them start to say that to me I say: "That is not true. All you have to do is go to Best Buy and find a Samsung Tablet running Honeycomb and you will see for yourself it does not have the same issues that Vizio Honeycomb has."

FYI if you are using Adobe Flash 10.3 the problems with starting and stopping YouTube Videos in the Browser will leave you thinking: Why didn't Vizio catch any problems with their version of the Flash Player before they updated people to Honeycomb.

Currently I'm in the process of getting my Vizio exchanged. I told them I bought it because it supported Flash and that meant I could use the Browser instead of loading all sorts of different applications but now with the last Vizio update the Flash Support is nothing like it used to be.

BTW I have to take photos my device, screen, close up of bottom and close up of top and then e-mail them to Vizio with a mention of my case number but I'm also supposed to be getting an e-mail from them pretty soon too. I wonder how that is going to go over.

Last edited:

Roger2008

Apr 4, 2012
J515OP said:
In my experience the latest stable version of flash actually released by Adobe tends to run the most apps and the best. YMMV

I wish you were running Vizio Honeycomb because then I could give you a list of sites that no longer operate the same way they did with Vizio Gingerbread. And while most of those sites have embedded youtube videos not all of them do.

I thought of calling the problem the "Flash Clash" but I noticed someone else thought of that term before I did.

Flash, boom, bang! Android and the Adobe Flash clash - Computerworld Blogs

Last edited:

Kemper

Mar 15, 2012
As you all might have read, I have a HC and Gingerbread VTAB. I side loaded Flash 11.1 to both by emailing the download as an attachment and then opening the attachment and installing it. It works on BOTH HC and GB tablets.