Flash Player on Coby Kryos

elecomm

Mar 18, 2011
I installed flash_for_21.apk on the Coby Kryos MID7105 and it reported that flash 10.1 was successfully installed but even after reboot can not detect any flash player when browsing flash pages. BTW, have ch'rooted and installed Google Apps OK.

Any solutions on how to get flash working on this tablet? very much appreciated?

Bruce

jschill31

Mar 4, 2011

kerry_s

Mar 17, 2011
Don't be sorry I'm still very new to Android, but I'm learning fast. I read everything I can.
I should have been specfic & said flash 10. Been a linux user for years, now android's got me thinking about ditching desktop/netbook systems. Lol

jschill31

Mar 4, 2011
It is still good to run Windows dor certain things but my laptop running linux always works. Still need pc for most of the day to day use...

Sent from my HTC Hero CDMA using Tapatalk

kerry_s

Mar 17, 2011
hey, i'm assuming with that flash you need a rooted device? i'm running stock, had it rooted & marketed but didn't like the way it felt, so i reset back to factory.
now i just use slideme & appslib for apps or grab on line. i might just root & thats it, but haven't had the need to so far.

jschill31

Mar 4, 2011
If u are good with linux and adb u can do the mod without root. Not sure what you mean by not liking the feel, root changes nothing just lets u do what u want...I am root running factory but modified to my taste.

Cheers

Sent from my MID7015A using Tapatalk

kerry_s

Mar 17, 2011
I didn't like the longer boot & how adding the market made things fell slower. I'm fine with rooting, simple just run the z4root. Sorry about that, I always word wrong sometimes.

I was thinking more just do the root then using the su in the terminal emulator to move the files into place?

So yours is still running okay, no browser crashing?

kerry_s

Mar 17, 2011
i give up, tried installing that flash lite 3 times, no luck, just the blue block on version check.

jschill31

Mar 4, 2011
Hello,

Not sure why it is not working for you? I have heard from over 30 users that it is working great between 3 different forums. Some of the errors users have made is they try to push the applications or paste them into /system/app instead of installing them like any normal application. The .so files need to be placed into the /system/lib folder. Other issues have been not rebooting or not going to several non-flash websites first before going to a flash site. Also the first time you do go to a flash site, it will either load extreamly slow or not work. Close the browser once again and then go back to the same site and it will work fine. Once it works it will always work until the cache gets clogged up. Download a cache cleaner and make sure to purge your cache often. Make sure that there is not multiple programs running in the background eating up resources. Websites that "require" Flash 10.x will never work.

kerry_s

Mar 17, 2011
Hello,

Not sure why it is not working for you? I have heard from over 30 users that it is working great between 3 different forums. Some of the errors users have made is they try to push the applications or paste them into /system/app instead of installing them like any normal application. The .so files need to be placed into the /system/lib folder. Other issues have been not rebooting or not going to several non-flash websites first before going to a flash site. Also the first time you do go to a flash site, it will either load extreamly slow or not work. Close the browser once again and then go back to the same site and it will work fine. Once it works it will always work until the cache gets clogged up. Download a cache cleaner and make sure to purge your cache often. Make sure that there is not multiple programs running in the background eating up resources. Websites that "require" Flash 10.x will never work.

I think I'll just live without, most flash is going to be ad's anyways.

raj

Mar 23, 2011
Hello,

Hi jschill31,

Can you please post a youtube video of your 7015 playing flash sites (e.g. youtube) from regular browser?

Will be a great help for the rest of us. Nobody has actually seen flash running on 7015.

Regards

jschill31

Mar 4, 2011