flashed wrong firmware v811 v8 to a v811 v1

huunreh

Apr 25, 2013
hi i flashed a v811 v8 firmware to my onda v811 v1 tablet. and now i cant enter recovery menu by pressing home+power button and it cant be reflashed with amologic flash program(USB-Burning-tool) either. the only way that i could enter recovery menu was Adb reboot recovery by using these methodd (How to Enter Recovery Mode on Any Android Phone or Tablet - Tutorial / Guide -> Method 2- How to Enter Recovery Mode on Any Android Phone or Tablet - Tutorial / Guide ) and this (How To Set Up Android ADB & Fastboot On Windows [Tutorial] | Redmond Pie - How To Set Up Android ADB & Fastboot On Windows [Tutorial] | Redmond Pie ). when i enter recovery using that method and try the menu (Apply Update from TFcard) and select update.zip after verifying the file it gives this error: assert failed: !less_than_int(1353131331, getprop("ro.build.date.utc")) installation aborted. i have tried with all the firmwares that worked fine and now i cant do anything. although my tablet works but its wifi dont work and its ram is now less tahn 300 mb(before it was about 600 mb). any help would be appriciated, thank you guys!

umar_fiaz

Jul 8, 2012
Hi,
i also faced this problem, when v7 was out & my tab was useless...
NO wifi, No proximate sensor... :(
i tried many methods but can't recover from that.. Same thing again happens when v8 was out... but now i know the way to recover from it... the all problem is because of flashing wrong "Kernel"
ADB or recovery wont help...
even the V811 not detecting in "M3 devices" or "world cup device mode"

"The Device is HARD Bricked"

I searched every where but there is no solution for fix.... then i tried hardware trick to recover from Hard Brick

100% working

first thing to do is disassemble your tab.. here ho to do this

*you don't have to disassemble the LCD or touch Panel
Just open up the tab

then you have to locate flash memory chip

$mem.jpg

At this point you should have the device plugged in and the AML software open. Have the Windows Device Manager open in another visible window and you should also be able to see if there is a Device change in the AML command prompt looking screen.

On the left side of the chip there are a series of pins.

$pins.jpg

Using metal object, bridge those two pins by creating a connection between them.

press and hold the Power and home buttons

The device may show up in the Device Manager as an M3/M6 chip at this point and as connected to a port in the AML software. You can remove the metal object and Flash the device with compatible firmware.

if not work, cut the battery red wire and do the above steps
when flash complete disconnect the TABLET and reconnect the red wire.

Enjoy your TABLET fully working..

Happy Unbricking

This method could be applied on ONDA v801 dualcore as well because both have same main board instead of LCD

Last edited by a moderator:

huunreh

Apr 25, 2013
thnak you for your reply my friend. i will try that and will post the result.

huunreh

Apr 25, 2013
i couldnt understand your way, should i connect A Pins to B Pins? or should i connect A pins with each other and B Pins with each other without connecting A and B?and how did you connect those pins?
with screwdriver? with what piece of metal?

$onda v811.jpg

Last edited:

loki1

Apr 17, 2013
hi i flashed a v811 v8 firmware to my onda v811 v1 tablet. and now i cant enter recovery menu by pressing home+power button and it cant be reflashed with amologic flash program(USB-Burning-tool) either. the only way that i could enter recovery menu was Adb reboot recovery

hi,
I also have the same problem http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...133-onda-v801-recovery-mode-doesn-t-work.html
I tried this weekend, but it does work for me, i stay blocked on white android and no "world cup device mode" or "M3 devices" :confused:

huunreh

Apr 25, 2013
you can see: UNBRICK amlogic based tablets - SlateDroid.com
and : [HOW TO] Unbrick your Ainol Crystal - SlateDroid.com
but it is the ainol tablet and the flash chip is 29f64g.....
while our flash chip is "hynyx h27ucg8t2myr".we must determine "tf-boot" pins on the flash chip.
I also have the same problem.
sorry for my bad english

thanks for links, they gave much more information on what we want to do. it appears that we need to locate "TF-Boot" pins on the HYNIX H27UCG8T2MYA AND somehow connect those pin with each other.
any suggestion that can point us in the right direction would be welcomed.

umar_fiaz

Jul 8, 2012
thanks for your reply, i tried the pins you noted but still no luck, could you explain more how you did it?
thanks

i just point the space which you have to short, I have tried it with a small screw driver, i found the last pins working to get device in "WORLD CUP Mode" flash mode. and also you should have to start "AMLogic Flashing Software".

emrangrf

May 11, 2013
Dear umar_fiaz, could you please specify what was the model of your NAND Flash?
mine is 29F64G08CBABA and i can't fins the desired pins to shorten...

krizis

May 20, 2013
i just point the space which you have to short, I have tried it with a small screw driver, i found the last pins working to get device in "WORLD CUP Mode" flash mode. and also you should have to start "AMLogic Flashing Software".

Are you talking about h27ucg8t2myr and which side bottoms pins work ?

Thanks

tungbt299

May 28, 2013
hi i flashed a v811 v8 firmware to my onda v811 v1 tablet. and now i cant enter recovery menu by pressing home+power button and it cant be reflashed with amologic flash program(USB-Burning-tool) either. the only way that i could enter recovery menu was Adb reboot recovery by using these methodd (How to Enter Recovery Mode on Any Android Phone or Tablet - Tutorial / Guide -> Method 2- How to Enter Recovery Mode on Any Android Phone or Tablet - Tutorial / Guide ) and this (How To Set Up Android ADB & Fastboot On Windows [Tutorial] | Redmond Pie - How To Set Up Android ADB & Fastboot On Windows [Tutorial] | Redmond Pie ). when i enter recovery using that method and try the menu (Apply Update from TFcard) and select update.zip after verifying the file it gives this error: assert failed: !less_than_int(1353131331, getprop("ro.build.date.utc")) installation aborted. i have tried with all the firmwares that worked fine and now i cant do anything. although my tablet works but its wifi dont work and its ram is now less tahn 300 mb(before it was about 600 mb). any help would be appriciated, thank you guys!

Hi you,
Did you solved the problem of your Onda V811? Show me the solution, pls! I flashed firmware v3.12 for V811 V8 to my V811 V1 and now doesn't work and I can't do anything. :(