Fluctuating number of apps

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
So is anyone else experiencing a constant changing in the number of apps downloaded since the Google Play upgrade?

Every time one app updates, "two" disappear. I keep bouncing between 148 and 154 apps. It's annoying, but hopefully it's going to go away.

I'm assuming this has something to do with Google Play and ICS compatibility.
Thanks

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
The app market is constantly being updated. But whenever I check I get about 500 apps available.

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
Sorry, "My Apps" keeps bouncing between 148 - 154 installed. Eventhough I haven't installed/ uninstalled anything recently. The apps that aren't showing up in the market are still on my A500; they just don't show up in the market under My Apps.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Sorry, "My Apps" keeps bouncing between 148 - 154 installed. Eventhough I haven't installed/ uninstalled anything recently. The apps that aren't showing up in the market are still on my A500; they just don't show up in the market under My Apps.
If I remember correctly you should ask Icebike. He has the solution to this problem - mentioned on a previous thread somewhere november 2011.

biking4jesus

Aug 27, 2011
I don't think this has anything to do with Play or ICS. I've been experiencing it since last fall on 3.2. Typically, about 2/3 of my Market apps as listed in the "Installed" list. However, if I search for one of the missing apps in the Market, it is shown as "Installed" (usually with an 'update' lable). When I update it, the app will appear in the installed list for a while. Every month or so, the market will 'find' some of the missing apps and show me 20 or 30 that need updating. When I update them, my Installed list grows, but it shrinks again within a week. Right now I'm showing 62 of about 120 that I have actually installed. The main disadvantage of apps dropping out of the list is that I don't get informed about upgrades. I manually check (by searching) my main apps every once in a while to make sure they are up to date.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I don't think this has anything to do with Play or ICS. I've been experiencing it since last fall on 3.2. Typically, about 2/3 of my Market apps as listed in the "Installed" list. However, if I search for one of the missing apps in the Market, it is shown as "Installed" (usually with an 'update' lable). When I update it, the app will appear in the installed list for a while. Every month or so, the market will 'find' some of the missing apps and show me 20 or 30 that need updating. When I update them, my Installed list grows, but it shrinks again within a week. Right now I'm showing 62 of about 120 that I have actually installed. The main disadvantage of apps dropping out of the list is that I don't get informed about upgrades. I manually check (by searching) my main apps every once in a while to make sure they are up to date.
Well I don't have that problem. However I do notice that large numbers of apps are being update - especially lately! Early signs?
I have about 60 apps and they all appear to be doing exactly what they are meant to. Just recently there was another update to 3.2.1 where the UPDATER was updated - if you noticed the thread - this has fixed some issues.

If some of your apps update automatically you will not be notified - the only notification you get is when you see the download appear in the status bar.

In an older thread this had been happening, because it happened to me, I just can't seem to remember the remedy for this.