Flytouch 2 users in the uk - 3G

marketgarden

Feb 26, 2011
Only recently picked up this thing and have been using it to read books in work and to play about on the net when sitting in my garden having a cigarette... so far I'm very happy with the value for money achieved compared to other devices out there (theres a lad in my work who uses his ipad to read newspapers only ffs, he doesnt even listen to music or have a simple facebook account to waste time on).

So the point of this thread...

I want to use a 3G dongle to make the thing more useful when out and about, I just cant find any straight forward 'how to' guides on this site or anywhere on the net?

As far as I understand it, theres only a small combination of firmware+dongle combos that will do the job? If thats the case why is it when I type into google 'connect flytouch 2 with 3g' on google it comes up with nothing, rather than an actual list of devices that are confirmed to work?

If I'm wrong with the above, then hasnt there been an even easier solution discovered yet? I'd have thought a pretty large % of these things were sold on the premise of being mobile and easy to connect, if there is I'm stumped.

If any of you out there can point me in the right direction I'd seriously appreciate it.

Infact any sort of response would be appreciated, alot of the searches I've completed tend to end with some other noob like me asking for help.

marketgarden

Feb 26, 2011
nevermind then

i sold my flytouch and my laptop at the weekend, spent the money on one of these windows tablets with a built in sim slot, 1gb ram, windows 7, 160gb hard drive, multi touch capacitive screen.... its even upgradeable with standard netbook/laptop components

i took delivery today and fk me its an absolute beauty, build quality is superb for a device that cost 350 dollars delivered form the far east (in 5 days)... its very fast and theres no issues with flash/3g etc.... there cant be an issue, im using windows 7 :)

enjoy your epads folks, ive gone for an instant upgrade

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 20, 2011
enjoy your epads folks, ive gone for an instant upgrade

ok i had a fix for you but fair enough, your call i suppose.

what you were looking for was a very specific 3G dongle *link removed as there's no point now and its been covered in other posts* that would offer full 3G service.

if however you are looking for an answer on this (rather slow) forum then patients is most definitely a virtue