Flytouch 3 ibex 16gb

spas87

Jun 4, 2011
Hi i have ordered Flytouch 3 from chinagraber that is the link from the one which i have ordered since then i have been looking around for a forum which i will use for advice on apps rooms and others.

1.I want to ask if anyone else have bought any stuff from chinagraber or even the same tablet and do you have any tips and is there any problems with it.

2.Is it a good choice for the price?

3.Is it possible to use Internet from onother android phone or i need a WCDMA/3G usb modem?

4.I have read somewhere that it does not support USB charging any car chargers available if that is true.

5.i have red that there are many clones. Are they all the same only different name or they have hardware difference as well or all the difference are based on the software/ROMs?

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
Hi i have ordered Flytouch 3 from chinagraber that is the link from the one which i have ordered since then i have been looking around for a forum which i will use for advice on apps rooms and others.

1.I want to ask if anyone else have bought any stuff from chinagraber or even the same tablet and do you have any tips and is there any problems with it.

3.Is it possible to use Internet from onother android phone or i need a WCDMA/3G usb modem?

4.I have read somewhere that it does not support USB charging any car chargers available if that is true.

5.i have red that there are many clones. Are they all the same only different name or they have hardware difference as well or all the difference are based on the software/ROMs?

1) Never used chinagrabber, but have heard people complain about them if you have issues with your device and need service. That said, they are reported by vendor website to be one of the two sites selling genuine ft's and not clones, so you should get a genuine device at least.
2) For the price its a great choice IMHO.
3) There are drivers for ad-hoc networks, yes. Use TIM Rom.
4) Apparently so, I am sure I saw some users had bought car chargers.. Conversely I tried charging my ereader off the USB on the FT and it charged, so bonus.
5) Not as many clones as reported I think, just vendors swapping out a part or two (Upgrading internal SD, etc). Funnily, they all use the same name so thats whats confusing (FT/SP) The major clone out atm seems to be Model: SAWEE. All other variants seem so similar that they all work on the same ROM's.

spas87

Jun 4, 2011
Thanks for the reply Chados also another think is i saw that they say the screen resolution could be 1024x600 or 1024x576 is there any problems with 576 resolution for example in games or other applications or it is fine.

last2nite

Jun 11, 2011
Hi i have ordered Flytouch 3 from chinagraber that is the (iBex Flytouch 3) from the one which i have ordered since then i have been looking around for a forum which i will use for advice on apps rooms and others.

Yes, I bought my 16gb iBex Flytouch 3 from ChinaGrabber and it arrived as described and in 8 days.

They have several models of iBex FT3 - 4gb, 8gb, and 16gb. All prices seemed to be reasonable and have actually gone down since i purchased mine.

3.Is it possible to use Internet from onother android phone or i need a WCDMA/3G usb modem? Yes, the WM-588 modem or the E1750 modom on that site work ( no built-in 3g)

4.I have read somewhere that it does not support USB charging any car chargers available if that is true - I have not heard of it being able to be charged via Car charger. Would be careful using non-official chargers.

5.i have red that there are many clones. Are they all the same only different name or they have hardware difference as well or all the difference are based on the software/ROMs? Yes, there are more clones now than before so you really need to be careful and do your due diligence before buying. One main difference is the battery capacity - iBex Flytouch3's have 8000mah batteries whereas the clones only have 3200 to 6400mah depending on the maker. Also, the superpad III (Sawee 10) software build is buggy and some people have not been able to upgrade firmware or the tablets came bricked.

Copied from this announcement: http://androidforums.com/gome-flyto...ch-3-latest-flytouch-3-fake-clone-beware.html

I felt today it was very important to warn fellow Android tablet users about a new phase in the clone wars of the Flytouch 3 apad tablet computer. The reason I decided to warn users of the danger of buying fake FT3’s is because I’ve been getting so many private messages from users who have been scammed recently by bogus sellers, and more importantly by some larger sites who are outright defrauding customers.

So firstly I will detail why it’s very important to check this Flytouch 3 buying guide and also why it’s important to follow the advice in this apad buying guide.

As many veteran FT3 users are aware, many sellers of fake tablets have been pushing the sawee10 as the Flytouch 3 for the past year, leaving recipients of the tablet angry and feeling bitter and ripped off. This also hurts the heart of the Android tablet community as customers first impressions are beyond unacceptable.

One of those sellers I will use as an example in this instance (I have no problems naming and shaming the culprits which I will do further down in this article) is mxxxxxmobiles. not only did they push sawee10 tablets as Flytouch 3’s for the past year, then often having customers pay to return the fake tablets and then never sending them their money or another tablet. They are now pushing another fake unit and claiming it is a Disco based Flytouch 3.

Thankfully the dirty factory that was pushing out the extremely poor quality clones of the FT 3 disco model has been closed down by the local government authorities for counterfeiting and also a long list of illegal business practices, including child slave labor forced labor, handling stolen components, blackmail of staff, and torture of staff (by way of some isolated incidents that occurred on 2 young male factory staff when bosses inflicted cigarette burns on their arms because they didn’t want to work all night).

This has caused rogue sellers to now start pushing a reworked mutant of the Sawee10 onto unsuspecting customers. This Sawee10 mutant is being pushed as the FT3 P041. I can tell you right now there is no such thing as a FT3 P041 based tablet computer. The P041 system is used by the ibex Facepad, which operates perfectly on the exact and correct Facepad hardware, it’s actually a very reliable and robust update to the popular Facepad.

I’m not aware of the factory that is producing the fake FT3 that uses the P041 (mutant Sawee10 system), but I would not be surprised if it’s using the same disgusting business tactics as the factory that was just closed down that produced the fake disco10 clones (also sold previously by sites such as mxxxxxmobiles).

Something to bare in mind regarding the current buying situation for anyone considering a fake FT3 Disco tablet computer is that the only stock of these Disco fakes floating around amongst the rogue sellers are repaired returned units, so not only are they clone quality, they are repaired b-stock of a clone quality unit. Avoid like the bubonic plague at all costs.

At the time of writing all the rogue sellers only have FT3 P041 fake mutant tablets due to the bogus factory being closed down by the authorities. So I felt it was very important to give everyone a heads up and it might save them from the fate of some users who have been ripped off and sent a P041 when they are expecting a Disco Flytouch 3 clone.

There has never been a better time to buy a real ibex Flytouch 3, which uses a high quality build and components with all specifications guaranteed to be correct by the resellers. Buying from an ibex authorized reseller is a stress free secure way to obtain what is a great value tablet with a very large following and community.

Incase anyone didn’t understand, the P041 Fake FT3 is not compatible with any of the existing firmware or custom firmware created by heroes of the FT3 development community, such as Tim and his large selection ROMs which he has significantly improved over the official releases.

I wanted to also warn users that a propaganda campaign is currently in full swing by the pushers of the bogus P041 based FT3. This is currently infecting quite a few Android tablet forums and leaving users confused. So to avoid prospective buyers from being confused or ripped off I’ve put together this Check-list and a guide to which sellers to avoid to ensure you get exactly what you order.

Essential Buying Checklist
1. Does the Flytouch 3 come in a box that says ibex in the top left corner?
2. Is the seller listed in the ******** authorized ibex resellers list?
3. Does the seller list 32GB Flytouch 3 apads?
4. Does the seller guarantee all specifications to be correct?
5. Does the Flytouch 3 have an 8000 mAh battery listed in the specifications?

If the answer is yes to all of these 5 entries you should be safe in the knowledge that you have done everything you need to ensure you get a real and high quality product.

Yes it’s true the ibex Flytouch 3 isn’t 100% bug free, but it’s significantly a much better deal than the fake tablets. No tablet is bug free, even the 800 USD variety. It’s true the real ibex tablet is roughly 10 dollars more than the fakes, but what you get for the extra ten dollars is worth every cent.

With the possibility of even obtaining a 50% to 80% OK clone of the FT3 now totally impossible, here is a list of current sellers who have been caught red handed and are still actively pushing the bogus P041 FT3 tablets:

Do not buy from these known pushers of the P041 fake FT3

Dealxxxxxxxx.com (also guilty of Sawee10 bate and switch)
All ali based B2C based stores. (Also guilty of sawee10 bate and switch)
Paxxxwxxx.com (Also guilty of sawee10 bate and switch)
Mxxxxxmobiles.com (Also guilty of sawee10 bate and switch)
If you like to buy from ebay, I suggest you use a reseller from the authorized ibex resellers list to ensure you get what you pay for.

If you know of anymore FT3 P041 fake sellers, please PM their details and I will add them to the list so I can warn everyone.

Buy safely from this list of authorized ibex FT3 real disco10 resellers
Link to real Flytouch 3 resellers list

aPadTVadmin

The Multi-Touch iBex Flytouch4 has been released by the way: http://pressreleaser.org/flytouch-4...n-3g-crushes-zenithink-e98-zt-180-iii/1355320

Last edited:

spas87

Jun 4, 2011
1I have it it came today flash does not work at the moment and im unable to get the 10gb working mount them
or see them the info app shows them as sd and how to know if it works the build number frf85b,
android version 2.2 -20110503, kernel version 2.6.32.9 zjd@dtlinuxserver #47.

2Also under screen size on the info app it says 600x1024
And the processor tab ARMv6-compatible processor rev 5(v6l)
BogoMips 791.34
CPU architecture 6TEJ
Hardware IMAPX200
Is that what it should be?
Have not yeat tested the battery just goted 2 hours ago it was on 36% it is still working and it is on 34%.

3. Other problem is that it would not install anything from the market it says no available space.

last2nite

Jun 11, 2011
Wow, it only took 6-7 days to arrive? Battery sounds juicy as well...

You will need to upgrade firmware using Tim's rom.

How to Unmount SD Card:

Go to settings - SD cards and device storage - SD1 - Unmount SD1

Next, push it out with your stylus (or something else that'll do the trick) and voila.

Thy be unmounted!!

When upgrading the firmware, Did you extract the firmware files to a temporary folder on your PC before copying them to the TF card?, I have seen people saying directly un-compressing the files to the TF card can cause problems. Format the card in your PC, FAT32 and copy JUST the two, un-compressed files onto it and try again.

Also, you may need to formate MicroSD card using the application "SDformatter"

spas87

Jun 4, 2011
I have not upgrade noting yet will do it later i have thinks to do will play with it tonight and post results thanks for the help and fast responce.
I find the screen a bit different because used to HTC desire of my sister and Nokia n8(which is not so responsive like htc) but it need a bit more push on the screen if you do it it works fine(still weird till i get used to it).

Otherwise i installed angry birds by downloading it to usb stick and then click and install no problem it runs.

spas87

Jun 4, 2011
Hi i have flashed with tim 4e it seems more responsive now but could not make the gps work yet also u tube works but other flash sites do not work. And that keyboard 8 or whatever the default on tim 4e is nightmare i would change it back to normal it seems the buttons are a bit small and i miss hit them sometimes.

Also the battery is not so good i was expected 10 hours but it runs for around for well i never fully charged it but from 80% to shutdown about 4 hours well that is with non stop playing wifi on gps all the time blinking on the top. That is another thing how do you turn of the gps when not wanted?

Is there a way of testing the battery if it is really a 8000mHA also i was told that all recent ibex tablets are with 576x1024 screen but mine is with 600x1024.
I want to fix the gps and will try the co-pilot then that is the best navigation i know when traveling over Europe it is way more accurate then tom-tom 920 really good i used on htc desire would recommend to anyone.

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
GPS off is in one of the settings menu's. Location I think its called.
I use copilot fine on this device.
I have 6400maH battery, it lasts me 5-6 hours wifi on. I think ur gps on would be draining ur battery a fair bit.
keyboard can also be changed somewhere in settings.

uid65252

Jun 9, 2011
Hello
i had also problems with GPS on this set. I found out that there was a shortcircuit between the inner wire of the cable with the housing of the GPS circuit placed on the mainboard.
I had to open the pad and found this error.
Before i opened it i measured the voltage at the gps socket. It was 0 volt.
On my old Pocket PC with an external GPS socket i could measure about 3 Volt.
After reparing gps is working. In the forum i found that an other user had this wrong soldered problem at GPS socket.
May be this problem could often happen

ray1970

Apr 5, 2011
Hi
Been selling superpad for over a year now have going on 800 postive feedbacks on superpad tablets,let me please tell you something the IBEX is a box only it as the same DISCO silver or black,P041 silver or black model,every model
is the same wether it comes in a superpad boxII,superpadIII, clear box or a supposed real IBEX model,they have the exact same motherboard as each other same speakers battery etc,the only different model is the new black edition they have better speakers,bigger battery,different touch screen 9v charge on the po41.Easiest way to show you IBEX is just a box is to do a company search for IBEX research is in USA you will not find anything about that in USA and IBEX company supposed to be in CHINA try and find that company does not exist,try and do a search through registered companies in CHINA they is nothing.ALL you have is a on line business that gets boxes made in a IBEX logo and says everyone elses are FAKE so they can sell there exact same superpad for more money,do a google search on that seller and see what people say about them,i have opened 1 tablet up of every superpad/flytouch i have ever ordered and they is no difference in any of them,even those with so-called bigger batteries last as long as there 6,400mha brothers.its just a CHINA seller selling flytouch/superpad in IBEX BOXES and remember sellers in CHINA will say anything to sell there products, ALSO THEY SIGN UP TO THESE FORUMS TO SAY EVERYTHING IS FAKE BUT IBEX DO A SEARCH ON IBEX FALSE

last2nite

Jun 11, 2011
This is false. iBex is the original / real brand for the Flytouch3. Google "Superpad III Sawee10" and there are many threads with people getting scammed by these clones.

I read on another forum that Ray is really a reseller from the UK (tornado components) who got stuck with a bunch of clones.

Copied from this announcement: http://androidforums.com/gome-flyto...ch-3-latest-flytouch-3-fake-clone-beware.html

I felt today it was very important to warn fellow Android tablet users about a new phase in the clone wars of the Flytouch 3 apad tablet computer. The reason I decided to warn users of the danger of buying fake FT3’s is because I’ve been getting so many private messages from users who have been scammed recently by bogus sellers, and more importantly by some larger sites who are outright defrauding customers.

So firstly I will detail why it’s very important to check this Flytouch 3 buying guide and also why it’s important to follow the advice in this apad buying guide.

As many veteran FT3 users are aware, many sellers of fake tablets have been pushing the sawee10 as the Flytouch 3 for the past year, leaving recipients of the tablet angry and feeling bitter and ripped off. This also hurts the heart of the Android tablet community as customers first impressions are beyond unacceptable.

One of those sellers I will use as an example in this instance (I have no problems naming and shaming the culprits which I will do further down in this article) is mxxxxxmobiles. not only did they push sawee10 tablets as Flytouch 3’s for the past year, then often having customers pay to return the fake tablets and then never sending them their money or another tablet. They are now pushing another fake unit and claiming it is a Disco based Flytouch 3.

Thankfully the dirty factory that was pushing out the extremely poor quality clones of the FT 3 disco model has been closed down by the local government authorities for counterfeiting and also a long list of illegal business practices, including child slave labor forced labor, handling stolen components, blackmail of staff, and torture of staff (by way of some isolated incidents that occurred on 2 young male factory staff when bosses inflicted cigarette burns on their arms because they didn’t want to work all night).

This has caused rogue sellers to now start pushing a reworked mutant of the Sawee10 onto unsuspecting customers. This Sawee10 mutant is being pushed as the FT3 P041. I can tell you right now there is no such thing as a FT3 P041 based tablet computer. The P041 system is used by the ibex Facepad, which operates perfectly on the exact and correct Facepad hardware, it’s actually a very reliable and robust update to the popular Facepad.

I’m not aware of the factory that is producing the fake FT3 that uses the P041 (mutant Sawee10 system), but I would not be surprised if it’s using the same disgusting business tactics as the factory that was just closed down that produced the fake disco10 clones (also sold previously by sites such as mxxxxxmobiles).

Something to bare in mind regarding the current buying situation for anyone considering a fake FT3 Disco tablet computer is that the only stock of these Disco fakes floating around amongst the rogue sellers are repaired returned units, so not only are they clone quality, they are repaired b-stock of a clone quality unit. Avoid like the bubonic plague at all costs.

At the time of writing all the rogue sellers only have FT3 P041 fake mutant tablets due to the bogus factory being closed down by the authorities. So I felt it was very important to give everyone a heads up and it might save them from the fate of some users who have been ripped off and sent a P041 when they are expecting a Disco Flytouch 3 clone.

There has never been a better time to buy a real ibex Flytouch 3, which uses a high quality build and components with all specifications guaranteed to be correct by the resellers. Buying from an ibex authorized reseller is a stress free secure way to obtain what is a great value tablet with a very large following and community.

Incase anyone didn’t understand, the P041 Fake FT3 is not compatible with any of the existing firmware or custom firmware created by heroes of the FT3 development community, such as Tim and his large selection ROMs which he has significantly improved over the official releases.

I wanted to also warn users that a propaganda campaign is currently in full swing by the pushers of the bogus P041 based FT3. This is currently infecting quite a few Android tablet forums and leaving users confused. So to avoid prospective buyers from being confused or ripped off I’ve put together this Check-list and a guide to which sellers to avoid to ensure you get exactly what you order.

Essential Buying Checklist
1. Does the Flytouch 3 come in a box that says ibex in the top left corner?
2. Is the seller listed in the ******** authorized ibex resellers list?
3. Does the seller list 32GB Flytouch 3 apads?
4. Does the seller guarantee all specifications to be correct?
5. Does the Flytouch 3 have an 8000 mAh battery listed in the specifications?

If the answer is yes to all of these 5 entries you should be safe in the knowledge that you have done everything you need to ensure you get a real and high quality product.

Yes it’s true the ibex Flytouch 3 isn’t 100% bug free, but it’s significantly a much better deal than the fake tablets. No tablet is bug free, even the 800 USD variety. It’s true the real ibex tablet is roughly 10 dollars more than the fakes, but what you get for the extra ten dollars is worth every cent.

With the possibility of even obtaining a 50% to 80% OK clone of the FT3 now totally impossible, here is a list of current sellers who have been caught red handed and are still actively pushing the bogus P041 FT3 tablets:

Do not buy from these known pushers of the P041 fake FT3

Dealxxxxxxxx.com (also guilty of Sawee10 bate and switch)
All ali based B2C based stores. (Also guilty of sawee10 bate and switch)
Paxxxwxxx.com (Also guilty of sawee10 bate and switch)
Mxxxxxmobiles.com (Also guilty of sawee10 bate and switch)
If you like to buy from ebay, I suggest you use a reseller from the authorized ibex resellers list to ensure you get what you pay for.

If you know of anymore FT3 P041 fake sellers, please PM their details and I will add them to the list so I can warn everyone.

Buy safely from this list of authorized ibex FT3 real disco10 resellers
Link to real Flytouch 3 resellers list

The iBex Flytouch 4 is out by the way: Flytouch 4 Adds Multi-Touch, Built-in 3g, Crushes Zenithink E98 ZT-180 III

Last edited:

TableTX

Aug 11, 2011
Hi
Been selling superpad for over a year now have going on 800 postive feedbacks on superpad tablets,let me please tell you something the IBEX is a box only it as the same DISCO silver or black,P041 silver or black model,every model
is the same wether it comes in a superpad boxII,superpadIII, clear box or a supposed real IBEX model,they have the exact same motherboard as each other same speakers battery etc,the only different model is the new black edition they have better speakers,bigger battery,different touch screen 9v charge on the po41.Easiest way to show you IBEX is just a box is to do a company search for IBEX research is in USA you will not find anything about that in USA and IBEX company supposed to be in CHINA try and find that company does not exist,try and do a search through registered companies in CHINA they is nothing.ALL you have is a on line business that gets boxes made in a IBEX logo and says everyone elses are FAKE so they can sell there exact same superpad for more money,do a google search on that seller and see what people say about them,i have opened 1 tablet up of every superpad/flytouch i have ever ordered and they is no difference in any of them,even those with so-called bigger batteries last as long as there 6,400mha brothers.its just a CHINA seller selling flytouch/superpad in IBEX BOXES and remember sellers in CHINA will say anything to sell there products, ALSO THEY SIGN UP TO THESE FORUMS TO SAY EVERYTHING IS FAKE BUT IBEX DO A SEARCH ON IBEX FALSE

Quote 100%.