Flytouch 5 super easy root instructions

KD271158

Feb 3, 2012
FLYTOUCH 5 SUPER EASY ROOT INSTRUCTIONS
( I used Windows XP x86/32bit System )
Rooting takes about 5 min or less
First of all Thanks!, for the Original Vimicro v1 Internal Drive Image and the V2 Update. Secondly Thanks!, to the Original uploader of these Command lines.
Once I restored and rooted the english v1 image the v2 update loaded in english with all my settings intact .All I had to do was reroot. .
I tried using the step by step instructions with windows 7 64bit system for 14 1/2 hours and had no luck, so I decided to reload a drive with XP and give this a shot and...BINGO! Roota...Voota...Zoot!
Download this first by clicking here on this link: SOC.rar (SOC rar download)
When it's downloaded, extract the "SOC rar file" to your hard drive root on your computer , it's usually C:\
However yours may be different so just substitute the letter for your own . The original poster used a forward slash after the drive letter which wasn't working for me so, as you see I've used a backslash instead and well....what more can I say but...It works!
Prepare your FlyTouch 5 V10 Android Cortex A8 Tablet PC
1. Turn on your tablet
, click Settings > Applications > Development and make sure USB Debugging is on then turn the tablet off.

2. Plug in the power cord to the tablet.
3. Connect one end of the male/male USB cable to the top usb port on the tablet.
4. Connect the other end to a USB port on the computer.
5. Turn tablet on.
ON YOUR COMPUTER:
Open a "Command Prompt Terminal" Usually found in , "Start> All programs>Accessories" in Windows Operating Systems.

In "cmd prompt terminal" , type the following,or just copy and paste like I did, pressing " enter" after each line.
cd C:\
cd SOC
cd ADB
Then once you've done this, proceed with the root steps .(Type or copy and paste,works both ways)
as follows , remember to press enter after each line!
ADB root
ADB shell mount -o remount,rw /system
ADB push su-3.0.3.2-efghi-signed /system/xbin/su
ADB shell chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su
ADB shell chmod 04755 /system/xbin/su
ADB shell mount -o remount,ro /system
ADB install -r Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.apk
ADB shell mount -o remount,rw /system
ADB push su-3.0.3.2-efghi-signed /bin/su
ADB shell chown 0.0 /bin/su
ADB shell chmod 04755 /bin/su

My TAB:
iBex FlyTouch5 V10
Android 2.3 Cortex A8 APad

Remember if this works for you,...c'mon back and say helloooooooooo.

Last edited: