Forgotten password

macd

Jan 22, 2012
Hi there. I got a Le Pan for Christmas. Opened it and tried it. Set a password and didn't get back to it until today. Can't remember the password. Anyway I can reset it? Thanks!

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
Read the thread "new firmware 4626..." and follow the links to the Le Pan site. basically you will be restoring to factory new out of the box condition. all apps accounts etc. you have set up will need to be re set. Then there is no need to set a screen lock unless you really feel you need the security. If so, write down the passcode next time.

This is for the Le Pan tc970 only. There is no update on the Le Pan site for the Le Pan II. You may be able to reset to factory new by restarting in manual update mode. read the directions for the update to do this as well.

Last edited:

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
I am pretty sure if you hold the volume down key, then press and hold the powere button. When the Le Pan screen starts release the volume key then release the power button. it will boot into manual mode. use the volume down key to scroll down to factory reset or what ever. I don't remember the exact menu options. tap the power button to select it. read the screen. it may tell you to plug it in or unplug it as it resets itself to factory.

JimKaval

Mar 31, 2014
I just accomplished the hard reset on my LePan II as follows.

1. hold down the volume down button and push the power button.

2. An icon comes up, then goes to a menu with includes the reset.

3. use the vol down button to get to that line, then I had to use the "hold" slider to get the tablet to choose that.

4. You get a warning screen about erasing data, page down using vol down and hold button to select.

It worked!!!