Formatting Micro SD HC cards

gustav2011

Mar 1, 2011
I can get my unit to actually see my 4Gig Micro SD card. But it won;t see any cards bigger than that. It is supposed to use cards up to 32 GiGs. But apparently all cards above 4Gig are Micro SD HC cards and I can not get it to see any of these Micro SD HC cards. I have placed the card in the slot and rebooted the unit as suggested by the tech support, Still no recognition of card. What sort of format does it recoignbise. I have tried Fat , FAT 32 , exFAT , but it does not seem to make any difference. Is there another type I should try . I have not tried NTFS yet.
Any comments would be great from a newbie at this tablet thing.

doug

Mar 7, 2011
Found that 16GB SDHC Formated Fat32 wouldn't Mount unless I created ' .android_secure ' folder on it on my PC, now have Read only Permissions,ie can't write to or delete.Still it's a start.

rs37

Mar 26, 2011
Hi, any progress in trying to write to the external sd card? Here I get no permissions to write with the normal user and when trying as superuser I get an I/O error. :-(

biggerg

Feb 21, 2011
Hi

After much tryiing gave up on cards i had

The pad is fussy about "brand" of card... scandisk 16 gb cards work ( approx £16)

Also bought a 32 gb widget (£21) own brand from 7dayshop.com which works well ... much faster than sd cards.

Hope this helps

G