FR-809 tablet or is it ? (additional questions inside)

Igoritza

Jun 3, 2011
Hi ya all. I was in Shenshen a month ago, and I bought 20 or so peaces of FR-809 tablet.

it says: Freescale IMX515 CPU, 8 inch, and such, and i did my google search, i know what the tablet is capable of.

but, when i came here, to this forum, i saw this thread:

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ween-herotab-m802-apad-imx515-fs-805t-a8.html

and, it appears to be the same tablet, but none of them is named - FR-809.

on the boxes of my tablet, the ones i Left in China for obvious reasons (smuggling them without reporting to the Serbian customs) it says - FR-809. yellow box.

my questions are:

1. which tablets do I have, that correspond to the ones in the linked thread ?

2. is there a known issue with WiFi connecting ? 2 of my tablets are having a hard time connecting, and they have a certain "lag" when doing anything with Wifi options, like the system is kinda frozen.

3. only one tablet seems not to recognize Flash apps/content. in the browser, every other tablet shows flash content, but one tablet always says - "video cant be displayed"

4. Have any of you noticed the difference between tablets, as if one sample is working like mad, no flaws, nothing, and the other one, the same device is kinda slow .. ?

Please help me, specially with the identification and the WiFi issue, I would like to correct that, cause i plan on selling/gifting a lots of them.

Igoritza

Jun 3, 2011
No answers 24 hours, so it's time to answer everything myself :D this is what i found:

1. Utopa Apad imx515 - original, made by Utopia

M802 - a copy made by a company that is in collaboration with Utopia. has one speaker, has boot screen that also says Apad

FS-805T - tablet made by some chinese dudes, that copied everything, dont know if they are related to Utopia. cheapest and worst finish.

FR-809 made by company that is also in collaboration with Utopia, they use Utopia's plan and everything. has no Apad boot screen, and has dual speakers.

every one of them uses the same PCB and SoC from Freescale. dont know if any of them are compatible, in terms of ROM.

2. there is the WiFi issue, and on my FR-809's, sometines they get connected on boot, sometimes they freeze, and have to restart the WiFi service. no solution yet.

3. It seems that in browser YT videos cannot be played. and, if they can, 240p is with very low frames. and its Android fault, no the device. someone has reported that recently (couple days back) it's the problem on YT end, many Android devices have video problem.

4. There is actually a difference in performance, same as with PC CPU's, you get one good, one bad. :)