Freepad M10

dpakrr

Feb 8, 2011
Hey I recently bought an 8" IMX515 tablet from aliexpress but its a little too small as the actual screen size is 6" and the resistive touch screen can be a bit annoying at times.

I was having a look at capacitive ones and came across this one:
FreePad M10 MID Freescale IMX515 800MH 9.7' Capacitive Touchscreen Android 2.2 WiFi G-Sensor HOTMID.com

I had a look at a similar listing at the other supported vendor (ecargoonline) and its listed at $458.
10.0 Inch Capacitance Multi-point Touch Screen Tablet PC with Android 2.2 Froyo OS and Freescale iMX515 Cortex A8 Processor

the hotmid one listed at $299 seems to be better tho (800MHz compared to 667MHz, 5000mah battery compared to the 2400mah).

whats the catch?

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
did you not get my pm reply about this? and if you just want something big there are 10 inch screen devices for cheaper then that, and like my pm reply mentioned how did you measure your 8 inch one because it is going to be 8 inch diagonally not straight across

dpakrr

Feb 8, 2011
hi probbiethe1, i have replied to your pm. thanks for that!

hotmid, can you please confirm that he battery is 5000mah? merimobiles also had this on their website with 5000mah but they corrected it to 3200mah when someone asked them about the battery :/

if it is 5000mah, how long do you think it will last with wifi?

Flydog

Feb 21, 2011
This one is made by yourself, isn't it? I mean design, production, ... Where are you guys? do you have local store in Ala.?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Probbie, your answers are here:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-multi-touch-8gb-gravity-sensor-w-camera.html

26zTP.jpg

Diagonal distance for the Freescale 10" IMX515 is measured on the left. The actual iPad is to the right.

hotmid

Dec 8, 2010
hi probbiethe1, i have replied to your pm. thanks for that!

hotmid, can you please confirm that he battery is 5000mah? merimobiles also had this on their website with 5000mah but they corrected it to 3200mah when someone asked them about the battery :/

if it is 5000mah, how long do you think it will last with wifi?

Our device have two 2500mah batteries.
2 x 2500

I have no detailed info on bettery life for this device. Ill try to test it my self when i get the time.

dpakrr

Feb 8, 2011
Our device have two 2500mah batteries.
2 x 2500

I have no detailed info on bettery life for this device. Ill try to test it my self when i get the time.

ok cheers hotmid. is there any warranty on your products?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I think the question is if people can buy from you and return to the manufacturer by shipping the product back to you for repairs.

hotmid

Dec 8, 2010
Sorry i was not clear about the warranty.

All MIDs come with 1 year factory warranty.
Im case the device have to be repaired, the buyer need to return the device back to us.
We will forward the device back to manufacturer for repair or exchange.
Once the device is ready we will send it back to the buyer.

TxToast

Feb 24, 2011
I'm interested in your M10. My concerns mirror most I think. I have a few question that maybe you can answer...

1) Some similar products mention voice and handwriting recognition. Is this a hardware or firmware/software issue and does your device offer either?
2) On the website the product is tabbed 3G but that capability is not clearly outlined in the specs. Please elaborate if you can.
3) Overall comments on similar products highlight spotty quality control. Tablets that arrive in non working order, have "screen shakes" or only work for a few days are common...

what return/replacement policy do you have if the unit is either defective on arrival or has such poor performance that it's unsatisfactory. Your pricing is outstanding for a quality product
but to high to just take a chance on. I just purchased a viewsonic G pad based on advise here (primarily from xaueious) for business use, however I am still interested in purchasing a tablet
like yours. If I find your answers and assurances satisfactory I will place an order via paypal next week. I will hold you to your answer here and comment (positive or negative) here on the forum.