Front camera problem

Turtle61

Mar 15, 2011
Hi, installed skype and agent mail.ru.
Try to contact my sister, can talk as on phone and do text, FRONT CAM IS NOT WORKING
So any suggestion how to activate or what to do if I want to use my front cam for video chat?

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Try oovoo that might use the front facing camera

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Turtle61

Mar 15, 2011
OK Thnk's I'll try.
And one more ? which app is better to count data usage, I installed NetCounter and Data counter widget but both shaw me wifi usage, may be while I'm at home, so i check it outside with mobile networking.
I have to know how much i used since sine date?

Turtle61

Mar 15, 2011
Hi, installed oovoo, and now I know that my front camera works, I can see myself, and we can hear each other on both sides (i'm in Canada my friend in Ukraine) BUT I can NOT see him and he can not see me, so any tips, and in this app. no settings, thanks

Ali Moazzam

Mar 24, 2011
Hey! Try out Fring. Its got to be installed on both devices. Hopefully, it will work fully with video calling

Turtle61

Mar 15, 2011
I'm not sure but seems to me Fring might be good if tablet on both sides, but in my side tablet on the other side desktop, I'll try another day or another time may be slow internet speed cause the problem

Ali Moazzam

Mar 24, 2011
Yes. That certaonly is a problem for you. Looks like you will jave to wait till skype releases video calling

deecee

Apr 17, 2011
Hi, installed skype and agent mail.ru.
Try to contact my sister, can talk as on phone and do text, FRONT CAM IS NOT WORKING
So any suggestion how to activate or what to do if I want to use my front cam for video chat?
All you have to do is go to the app page press on the camera icon then press the menu tab on the bottom. This will bring you to the settings page. Press Switch Camera to activate the front camera. OoVoo might work but I dont believe Skype will work yet