G-sensor FIx (S7 classic/S7 slim)

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
Huawei has fixed G-sensor problem for the recent ROMS, so i

pulled the files from S7 slim Indonesian ROM to patch existing ROM.

Read this before applying any updates/patch,
All updates/patch is compatible for Ideos S7 running ROM slim mod : S7-201uV100R001C106B011-TRZmod-0.2

other Ideos S7/S7 slim may apply patch partially but i didn't test it, so make nandroid backup before trying to apply any patches.

> gsensor fix 1 (libsurfaceflinger.so) for labirynth lite etc , may work for others froyo ROM 2.2.2
> gsensor fix 2 (framework.jar) for google sky map , may work for Slim ROM base on South African ROM
> SRS surround and preset equalizer may work for others S7 Slim ROM (who have not enable it yet)
> USB host permissin and set installlocation is general things.
> boot.img for S7-201uV100R001C106B011-TRZmod-0.2 only

1. download file g-sensor-fix.zip
2. extract g-sensor-fix.zip file
3. connect your tablet to PC and enable USB debugging (and have adb driver installed)
4. run file s7-patch.cmd

notes: your tablet will take longer booting time after applying this update only on First boot

in case something goes wrong, restore your nandroid backup.

Last edited:

XpiderMX

Jul 22, 2011
Huawei has fixed G-sensor problem for the recent ROMS, so i pulled the files from S7 slim Indonesian ROM to patch existing ROM.1. download file g-sensor-fix.zip2. extract g-sensor-fix.zip file3. connect your tablet to PC and enable USB debugging (and have adb driver installed)4. run file s7-patch.cmd> if you have S7 classic running slim ROM, you may apply all patches (g-sensor and SRS surround)> if you have S7 Slim running BB/SA ROM, you may apply all patches as well> if you have S7 classic running official froyo ROM, you may apply g-sensor fix only and it might works but i didn't try it. it case something goes wrong, revert back file /system/lib/libsurfaceflinger.so to the original one. please make nandroid backup first, and do it at your own risk.
Can I use a slim rom on my s7-105?Whata wrong with g-sensor?Thanks.

direwolf

Aug 7, 2011
Hi!

Thanx for the fix. I've successfully applied, but seems like not working on my S7 Slim with rooted stock hungarian rom (S7-201uV100R001C178B011)
Google Sky Map, Star Chart, Compass etc. inverting axis. :(
Funny that NFS Shift, aTilt 3D Labyrinth and some other apps work perfectly :-S

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
Hi!

Thanx for the fix. I've successfully applied, but seems like not working on my S7 Slim with rooted stock hungarian rom (S7-201uV100R001C178B011)
Google Sky Map, Star Chart, Compass etc. inverting axis. :(
Funny that NFS Shift, aTilt 3D Labyrinth and some other apps work perfectly :-S

sorry I forgot to mention that the patch will fix gsensor but also will shift compass 90 degree.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Tapatalk

Last edited:

direwolf

Aug 7, 2011
Yes, I thought it's the purpose of the fix to shift the compass to normal orientation.
When I wrote Google Sky Map etc. inverting axes, I meant they also done it befor the patch.

Edit:
Well, it's getting strange: Compass and GPS Test works perfectly :) I'm confused...

Last edited:

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
i did more testing.

for some application, ie GPS status, labirynth, gsensor working fine.

but for some application, ie, Google sky map, gsensor revert back to wrong axis by itself.

I will check again if it needs others library/files.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Tapatalk

mrkrad

Jul 21, 2011
can you add or tell us how to execute touch screen recalibration at any time like the original indo rom? There must be an app or do you delete it as part of the install process?

This would be greatly appreciated if you can help out here.

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
can you add or tell us how to execute touch screen recalibration at any time like the original indo rom? There must be an app or do you delete it as part of the install process?

This would be greatly appreciated if you can help out here.

what touch screen type do you use?

for capacitive touch screen you don't need calibration.

for resistive screen you can delete one file in /data path to reinintiate calibration.
i forgot which file, but i posted it somewhere else in this forum.

nadinchathura

Aug 12, 2011
Please upload g-sensor-fix.zip again.

Huawei has fixed G-sensor problem for the recent ROMS, so i

pulled the files from S7 slim Indonesian ROM to patch existing ROM.

1. download file g-sensor-fix.zip
2. extract g-sensor-fix.zip file
3. connect your tablet to PC and enable USB debugging (and have adb driver installed)
4. run file s7-patch.cmd

> if you have S7 classic running slim ROM, you may apply all patches (g-sensor and SRS surround)
> if you have S7 Slim running BB/SA ROM, you may apply all patches as well
> if you have S7 classic running official froyo ROM, you may apply g-sensor fix only and
it might works but i didn't try it. it case something goes wrong, revert back file
/system/lib/libsurfaceflinger.so to the original one.

please make nandroid backup first, and do it at your own risk.

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011