g-tab Skins and modded cases

rscaramelo

Dec 15, 2010
I have been looking for a tab since my wife "stole" my iPad. I returned a Huawei S7 on Monday because the screen was a dealbreaker since it was so unresponsive. I grabbed the G Tablet on my lunchbreak yesterday even though it was above my budget. After tinkering with that turd of a rom they sell it with, I installed Vegan on it. Fantastic. This looks like what I was hoping for. I wish it cost $100 less but I can't complain.

I also bought the $5.99 case Sears offered. Nice, but I need something that offers some protection when I'm actually using it. It's slim pickings so far. Some people have repurposed other cases with some slight mods.....I'm not that talented. I also need a screen protector. In the short term I think I am going to cut an iPad screen protector to fit most of the G's screen until I can find a proper one.

I did see this online:

http://www.**********/wholesale-vie...-inch/p-ff8080812c3cf43d012c5858f4fe3382.html

This would be nice. Any other ideas?

Thanks.

mindwave

Jul 6, 2010
thats a cute case, but you can do better.

I carried a franklin planner for years so I was looking fro something that I could put my sd cards, thumbdrives, id cards atm etc into.

So I toom my tablet w/ me to borders (although there are TONS of other places to look) and found a Bible cover that works AWESOME

Thats right its a tri fold denim zuippered case that has a padded interior that zips seperately for my tab as well as anther area for everything else I use./

It REAKLLY works GREAT.

I DID however put some velcro on the back of my tab and on the case and so far it hasnt MOVED.

not the greates pic but heres what it looks like

His Chicks Bible Covers » Bible Cover Organizers » Black Bible Cover Organizers

and here is what i paid

http://www.borders.com/online/store/TitleDetail?sku=0310809150

dnjpowell

Nov 7, 2010
I think the ipad screen protectors may work too but haven't tried yet. I just got a cheap $8 netbook case from Belkin on clearance @ Kmart that zippers around. Is padded a bit and works for now.

Rags

May 22, 2011
I purchased the Fuse (Gray) and love it. There are some other interesting cases on Steve's site as well - a friend of mine has the BlutO and likes it for the convenience of allways having the keyboard.

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
I have something very similar to the BlutO, but I got mine from Amazon. I really like to be able to stand the tablet up without holding it, but the keyboard is a nicer touch for me.
I also have the Skinomi TechSkin (Black Carbon Fiber). Below is a pic direct from Amazon. Good price too.
$412YcgpCJrL.jpg

Last edited:

it2steve

Feb 16, 2011
I purchased the Fuse (Gray) and love it. There are some other interesting cases on Steve's site as well - a friend of mine has the BlutO and likes it for the convenience of allways having the keyboard.

Glad your happy with it! Trying to keep things in all the time but it seems to run out quickly. Too many if us gtabbers floating around.

Follow me on twitter @electronicCrap

...sent from my 'un-stock' g2x