G Tablet will not turn on

coondogg97

Jun 14, 2011
Alright so thanks to the help on these forums I was able to use NVFlash to flash Clockwork .8 to my G Tablet. I installed VEGAn and everything looked great. I didn't have much time to mess with the tablet after I installed everything so I went to sleep and figured I would start tinkering with the device itself today. Well I got up this morning and the tablet will not boot at all. I have tried holding the power button for 2 minutes (120 seconds), I tried holding the power and volume up for over a minute I have tried to get it into recovery by hold power and volume up & down. All with no success. I had the tablet plugged in while I was doing all the flashing, so I didn't think it could be a battery issue. But before I posted I left the tablet plugged in for about 30 minutes and the power LED went from red to green, so now it should be fully charged. But I am still unable to get it to power on.

I have the original Droid, I picked it up when it first came out. I have always used Clockwork Mod on my Droid and I have gone through dozens of ROMs over the past year+ and I have never had any issues.

Any idea how to get this thing to boot or am I SOL? The tablet was new, I picked it up from the eBay deal Tiger Direct was running and received it yesterday.

EDIT: I should also mention that the PC doesn't recognize anything now when I plug the tablet. So I am unable to run NVFlash again.

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Just making sure, have you checked to make sure that the tablet is not in APX mode?

coondogg97

Jun 14, 2011
Did you try booting while it was plugged in?

Yes, I have a large rubber band going around the tablet holding in the power button. I have tried to unplug it and plug it in while the rubber band was still holding the power button down with no luck. Also tried to unplug the tablet while holding the volume up button by hand while the rubber band was holding down the power button. Also no luck.

Just making sure, have you checked to make sure that the tablet is not in APX mode?

How do I go about that? I have tried holding both volume up and volume down while turning the device on. But that didn't work. I assumed if the PC was unable to see the device that it would NOT be in APX mode. But I can be completely wrong. APX is fairly new, I never dealt with it on the Droid.

I also just tried to disconnect the power and connect the USB to the tablet and PC. Then I reconnected the power while holding down power and volume up & down. No luck :(

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
well...the easiest way to see if you are in APX is to reflash your tablet to the very beginning. If you are willing to do that, connect it via the USB to your computer, and re-run the batch file in your NVFlash setup. If you haven't already setup for NVFlash, there are full instructions on this forum.

coondogg97

Jun 14, 2011
I wouldn't mind doing that, but without the tablet coming on or being recognized by a PC how do I go about doing that? I have tried, but all I get from NVFlash is USB device not found.

easwaim

May 22, 2011
hmm 1min =60 sec x2=120secs for 2mins sorry just checking your math and yup got the same thing!

haha sorry couldent resist but i would open the gtablet up and try reconecting the battery ive seen that solve some issues simlar to this

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
i would NOT recommend opening the tablet to check the battery under any circumstances. After doing this for about 8 months I have only seen one true instance where the connections were bad, and I believe this was done opening the case.

coondogg97

Jun 14, 2011
Being this is a brand new device I have no intention on cracking open the case. I would just send it back for a replacement at that point.

Im still not 100% on the NVFlash thing. I understand how to flash and as I said I flashed the device with NVFlash originally to get CWM on it. But when I plug the device in to the PC now it isnt recognized at all. Not as an unknown device, not as a USB device. It just isn't showing up n device manager at all. There is no audible notification as to a USB device being plugged in either. If the tablet is powered off and you plugged it into a PC would it be recognized?

Thanks again

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Nope, unfortunately not necessarily. Do you already have the full NVFlash set up on your pc then?

coondogg97

Jun 14, 2011
Yes sir. Installed the APX driver in Windows for the new device and it flashed successfully.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
ok, so pls just try connecting the tablet, and then go to the directory and run the nvflash_gtablet.bat file and lets see what happens

coondogg97

Jun 14, 2011
ok, so pls just try connecting the tablet, and then go to the directory and run the nvflash_gtablet.bat file and lets see what happens

I did that already, but just retried with the same error. USB is not connected as you can see below:

$614201131443pm.jpg

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
ok...we are going to keep trying.

Now i want you to unplug the tablet, Press the Volume DOWN and hold it, and then press and hold the Power On button. You may (or may not) see the 3-birds, either way, hold it for about 30 seconds then plug it back into the USB and try NV Flash again