Gadmei T883 3D first impressions and some help needed

ksdehoff

Apr 10, 2012
All:

Just received this 3D tablet and have it sort of working based on a DIY 1.1 rom that is available elsewhere.

This gives me Google Play and Stereoscope app for viewing 3D photos. So far so good. The built in apps do not work at all with my W3 content.

I've generally been happy with the 3D when it works, I have a W3 3D camera and so far not every .mpo has worked - some have excessive ghosting - but other photos work fine.

My first attempt to view the W3 AVI are no-go but I'm still troubleshooting.

I have a question I'm hoping someone can help with. I'm trying to install the nook reader from the marketplace. It installs fine but when I try to use it I get an error "Failed to decrypt hash" - and the app won't run. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Another question - any suggestions on how to root this so I can use some of the system utilities (like enabling ad-hoc wifi support). It is running Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3.

Any pointers would be appreciated

roblox84

Apr 10, 2012
Hey i just ordered this tablet and was wondering how the 3d looks on it when watching movies and if you are happy with the tablet? Do you lose the 3d effect if you move your head or are the angles of viewing the 3d pretty good? Also what do you mean by "the 3d is good when it works", does the 3d effect not work correctly on this tablet sometimes? Thanks.

ksdehoff

Apr 10, 2012
Hey i just ordered this tablet and was wondering how the 3d looks on it when watching movies and if you are happy with the tablet? Do you lose the 3d effect if you move your head or are the angles of viewing the 3d pretty good? Also what do you mean by "the 3d is good when it works", does the 3d effect not work correctly on this tablet sometimes? Thanks.

The Application I was using (Stereoscope) simply would not load some of the Fujifilm MPO files. I since found another app 3DSteroid that is much better. This app also has a specific correction for the Gadmei (right/left apparently instead of left/right ordering).

I have also now figured out how to convert the Fujifilm 3d Stereo AVIs for the tablet. Using Stereo Movie Maker it is easy enough to open the files then save them with the resize/resample option to 640x720.

The viewing angle is very sensitive horizontally, less so vertically. I find myself adjusting my head quite a bit while I'm watching video due to the fairly narrow horizontal angle. When not perfectly aligned there is noticable red ghosting on one side of the screen and blue ghosting on the other side. The specific side changes - not sure why yet.

roblox84

Apr 10, 2012
The Application I was using (Stereoscope) simply would not load some of the Fujifilm MPO files. I since found another app 3DSteroid that is much better. This app also has a specific correction for the Gadmei (right/left apparently instead of left/right ordering).

I have also now figured out how to convert the Fujifilm 3d Stereo AVIs for the tablet. Using Stereo Movie Maker it is easy enough to open the files then save them with the resize/resample option to 640x720.

The viewing angle is very sensitive horizontally, less so vertically. I find myself adjusting my head quite a bit while I'm watching video due to the fairly narrow horizontal angle. When not perfectly aligned there is noticable red ghosting on one side of the screen and blue ghosting on the other side. The specific side changes - not sure why yet.

Cool thank! I really hope the small horizontal angle won't be too much of a pain in the ass. Does the screen look nice and bright at least? I just noticed there is a tablet called wikipad 3d coming out that has a quad core processor and looks exactly like the gadmei for the same price. I hope I didn't make a mistake in purchasing this one.