galaxy note 10.1 - not connecting via wi-fi

helmore53

Nov 9, 2012
Hi team
I have just bought a note 10.1 and am dying to use it however....while it can find my wi-fi connection it cannot connec to the internet using it. it takes forever to find the IP address and then I keep getting the message " Network disabled, Poor connection".

all other devices in the house can use the wi-fi connection including my other half's new Note phone, my S1 phone, the computers and the old tablet. we have even tried turning off all devices and just letting the new tablet use the wi-fi but i still get the same result.

does anyone have any suggestions?

cheers

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

The fact that other devices connect is not necessarily related. My first suggestion would be to restart your router. If you are using WEP security try changing to WPA/WPA2. Try changing the channel. Ultimately you should try fining a public hotspot to see if you can get connected but I suspect the router is the problem. I have a link in my signature below with additional tips and possible solutions.

vectorczar

Nov 30, 2011
This may or may not be applicable for you, but for my router (Verizon FIOS) the letters of the key had to be capitalized to be recognized.