Galaxy Note II

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I want one, my Note 10.1 is incredibly cool. Currently I have an HTC Evo 3D, and I do love it. I think if my lust for the Note 2 wins out I will keep the Evo 3D just for the camera and 3D movies I am able to download and watch. And I never get tired of watching 3D YouTube videos of people thrusting sharp objects at me.
Are you going thinking of making the move or is their enough difference to make it worth it? The original Note still seems pretty awesome to me.

wonderdroid

Sep 27, 2012
Is there any forum which talks about the reality of a device like the Galaxy Note II (Phablet) replacing smartphones? I ask as a general question. The concept seems great. I have yet to purchase a tablet because I do not need all these different devices to lug around.

Sounds like an awesome idea, but is the size just not practical as a phone?

How do you use your Phablet as a phone?

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Hi Wonderdroid and welcome! I got the Galaxy Note some time ago and still love it. How do I use it as a phone? I dial the number, I hold the phablet to my ear and I talk! I know what you are asking, you must have read all those reviewers who write about how uncomfortable is to make a phone call with the Note. Every time I read one of those reviews I wonder if the guys who wrote them ever had the chance to hold a Note to their ear. .Because the Galaxy Note is just the perfect size: big enough to surf the internet, play games,read and even watch movies ( the screen resolution is awesome ) but small enough to carry always with you even in your pocket and to use as a regular phone......I never noticed anybody staring at me while I was using it as phone.! Once you have the Note, you don't need anything else! :)
Hope I helped
Gloria

Astrix

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 7, 2012
Is there any forum which talks about the reality of a device like the Galaxy Note II (Phablet) replacing smartphones? I ask as a general question. The concept seems great. I have yet to purchase a tablet because I do not need all these different devices to lug around.

Make the discussion happen in this forum :)

Sounds like an awesome idea, but is the size just not practical as a phone?

Put at your palm 1 to 2 days...
You wont come back to phone that smaller tha 5inch ;)

How do you use your Phablet as a phone?

Its still a phone..

I dont know if Spider(Admin) will great section for Note 2 ;)

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
Hi Guys & Gloria,

T Mobile (uk) announced yesterday (3rd oct) that the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 lte will be available from oct 15th & will be suitable for use on the new 4g service they are launching under the Everything Everywhere brand.

Mark:cool:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
It's cool for you because you are there....are you going to get it? Do you like the white one that JP says it looks like an iPhone or the grey one?

satellitemark

Jan 9, 2012
It's cool for you because you are there....are you going to get it? Do you like the white one that JP says it looks like an iPhone or the grey one?

Hi Gloria,

I wish I could but I'm only about 6 months into my current contract :-( One hope is that T Mobile have said that when They launch the new 4G brand (before christmas) they will make it easy for existing customers to upgrade to the new service which means new handsets !
A galaxy s3 lte has been seen downloading at 40mb, speeds that are almost unheared of in the UK & never seen before on a mobile here !
If I do manage to get my hands on one, I would go for the grey one because I think the white one would look grubby pretty quick due to my work !

My wife is due a upgrade next month so she's in a good position & I'm a little jealous !

Mark:cool:

Last edited: