Galaxy Tab 10.1 Image Recovery After Automatic Deletion

FvS1978

Aug 22, 2012
Hi all,

Sorry for interrupting, but I haven't found the solution to this anywhere on the forum so far and I am getting a bit disappointed and desparate.
The last month I have taken tons of photos at the London 2012 Olympics and now that I am home I wanted to copy these to my laptop, edit them and show them to my friends. I took the photos with my camera and copied them, using my friend's computer towards my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet. I put them in several folders in the root, so not in the pictures folder as I planned to do, but just in several maps. Still this worked fine and I was able to access the images in my gallery and browsing through them, showing them to people I met etc.
Now I wanted to copy them from my tablet onto my laptop, however I decided to first cut and paste all folders together and into the pictures folder so all the pictures would be easy to access. I wish I had never done this as by accessing those folders I noticed all photos were gone. The folders were there, but the photos were not. I tried to browse everywhere on my tablet, but couldn't find them. Also the available space on my tablet highly increased, meaning they were somehow deleted. Still they did not show up at my computer's bin and neither can I find them using several data restore software programs as these programs don't recognize my tablet as a drive.

Is there anything I can do? Thanks a lot, in advance.

FvS1978

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum,

I'm afraid I don't have an answer for you but I'm moving this to the Galaxy 10.1 forum where someone may be able to help.

Last edited:

darianjay

May 15, 2014
Android is not like windows when you delete something on android its gone for ever not a trash can or recycle bin but there is way using the thumb nails but way lower resolution look for the application you used like (qic/gallery) but that app had to be installed when you had that pic so look in that folder and see can you find thumbnails, good luck
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EEgsoKw_cY&feature=youtu.be

Last edited: