galaxy tab 10.1 not charging.

Marty5150

Oct 1, 2012
I have had my tablet for a month with no problems. I have the power block and original cord, along with a backup OEM power block and cord. Both cords and power blocks have been working without a hitch since i purchased this. Today for no reason i can figure out my Tablet decided to quit charging. I do not get any indication that the cords are even connected to the tablet. i have tried both cord setups on several different outlets that i know have power. without any luck. I have completed both a soft and hard reset. also without any luck. I currently have 5% battery life left on the tablet. I found this forum by researching this problem and decided to join. This comment i think deserves to be repeated I AM ONLY USING THE OEM POWER BLOCK AND CORD. so please do not ask me if i am. Thank you for your help.

elf83

Dec 12, 2012
I have had my tablet for a month with no problems. I have the power block and original cord, along with a backup OEM power block and cord. Both cords and power blocks have been working without a hitch since i purchased this. Today for no reason i can figure out my Tablet decided to quit charging. I do not get any indication that the cords are even connected to the tablet. i have tried both cord setups on several different outlets that i know have power. without any luck. I have completed both a soft and hard reset. also without any luck. I currently have 5% battery life left on the tablet. I found this forum by researching this problem and decided to join. This comment i think deserves to be repeated I AM ONLY USING THE OEM POWER BLOCK AND CORD. so please do not ask me if i am. Thank you for your help.

If you updated to ICS official you will experience this problem by getting a red x over battery icon.
Unfortunate mistake made by Samsung but not hard to fix. My Fix involves rooting my tablet and flashing a new kernel. I Flashed the Yoda Kernel and it works and charges fine now http://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-tab-10-1-p7500-p7510-yoda-custom-kernel-136007/
good luck.