Galaxy Tab 10.1

braunb

Sep 29, 2015
I just bought a used Galaxy Tab 10.1 (16G and KitKat OS). So I connected with my WIFI at home and downloaded the latest version of Facebook. When I click on the Facebook app it takes about a minute to load. Does anyone know why this is? I bought this for my husband so he can listen to audiobooks through Hoopla and very soon it will go to our son to play games, games that don't need speed. Thank you for your help!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

When you got it, did you do a factory reset? If not, now would be a good time.

braunb

Sep 29, 2015
Welcome to the forum

When you got it, did you do a factory reset? If not, now would be a good time.
I haven't done a factory reset. The person that sold it to me said that is has the KitKat OS so if I do a reset, would it downgrade to Honeycomb? Thank you for your quick response! This forum is great!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Doing a factory reset leaves you with the OS and updates that you currently have, no downgrade of anything, but any apps you installed would need to be installed again and if you have any media like photos and stuff, save it off the tablet.

braunb

Sep 29, 2015
Doing a factory reset leaves you with the OS and updates that you currently have, no downgrade of anything, but any apps you installed would need to be installed again and if you have any media like photos and stuff, save it off the tablet.
Thank you! I wasn't sure if the OS would be erased to the previous version. I only added the Facebook app and the Lego My City app for my son, to compare to how fast the Lego app runs on my tablet versus my S3 phone. No worries about personal pictures and media as I haven't put anything on there...yet... :)