Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and micro SD

MrZampano

Nov 30, 2012
This may not be a complete tablet question per se and more of a general technological compatibility issue but I figured since Im in the market for a tablet this should be ok

I am looking into buying the Galaxy Tab 2, it has expandable storage up to 32gb which is key. The thing is I have a 64gb micro sd card, will the device be able to read the data even though the maximum space is exceeded by the sd card?

I would hope then to just only 32gb of that 64 will only be used if not I kind of wasted money with the 64 gb sd cad :/

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

The 64GB card should work fine if it's a quality card.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
thanks,
so even though the galaxy only supports 32gb itll be able to read 64gb? after thinking it about it would make sense for the tablet not to support it. But ill be very glad if it does read the 64gb.

How do you like the transfer prime? thats the other tablet im looking at. looks spectacular.
Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 64 GB microSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card 30MB/s with Adapter SDSDQUA-064G-U46A: Electronics

I ave a Prime and you couldn't pay me to let it go. I have used 128GB cards in it. I think some of the issues with card size are "safe" specs and the version of Android to some extent.

MrZampano

Nov 30, 2012
very nice really appreciate it. Yeah i may just go for the prime screen and processing power look phenomenal. one thing i heard was lack of dual band wifi only 2.4ghz

i actually may be go with the infinity seems like its the same price and has a better screen

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
very nice really appreciate it. Yeah i may just go for the prime screen and processing power look phenomenal. one thing i heard was lack of dual band wifi only 2.4ghz

i actually may be go with the infinity seems like its the same price and has a better screen

If I had to buy an Android tablet, knowing what I know and didn't have the Prime I would go for the Infinity. It does just about everything you would need and has that dock as an option to boot.